Mailing List Archive

Re: Please do not delete rpms for EOL distributions
Hi Roberto,

I understand your situation, and a solution could had been to move the
packages to a place where users are aware of that they use software on
an expired platform.

The issue here is also space. I had been packaging since
RH6.something, this means that there are about 20 EOL'd releases that
could be on this archived space. ATM ATrpms supports 6-7 releases,
that would mean using 3 times as much space for EOL'd distributions
than for the live ones. One would argue that one doesn't need them
all, you would say F14 is enough, I know people that use F12 and
someone would like to have F6, so the line to draw would be blurry.

I keep EOL'd stuff several month on the master server to allow for
users to either switch to a newer release or make a copy.

Also if updating Fedora every 12 months is not fitting your schedule,
then you are probably a candidate for Enterprise distros anyway. :)

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net