Mailing List Archive

Thanks to Axel and John - ffmpeg, mplayer and mythtv updates now succeed

Re: Thanks to Axel and John - ffmpeg, mplayer and mythtv updates now succeed [ In reply to ]
On 12/03/12 16:26, Bob Lightfoot wrote:

> Dear Community:
>
> Just for reference on my system which had ffmpeg, mplayer and mythtv
> all installed it was necessary to yum update libvpx
> - --enablerepo=atrpms-testing --disableplugin=* and then run yum update
> a second time. I performed the update in this manner and it worked
> because I am hesitant to run yum update without the priorities plugin
> protecting base programs. In this case, however, as Axel and John so
> helpfully explained the base package must be replaced. Hope others
> who have been struggling with this latest ffmpeg update have success
> as I did.
>
> Bob Lightfoot

Hi Bob: I'm glad it worked for you in the end. I've just done what
seems to be an entirely smooth kernel + ffmpeg + mythtv 0.24-fixes
update on my SL6 laptop, so thanks again to Axel for doing the difficult
bits. Smart (package manager) is pretty good at letting me see and
control what it intends to do, although it does need a little
hand-holding over kmdl availability issues.

I note, though, that I have around 34 packages from 'testing' installed,
and most of them look as if they're myth-related. I'd be surprised if
you had built a working mythtv installation without at least some of
them :-)

Cheers,

John P

Re: Thanks to Axel and John - ffmpeg, mplayer and mythtv updates now succeed [ In reply to ]
Bob Lightfoot <boblfoot <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Just for reference on my system which had ffmpeg, mplayer and mythtv
> all installed it was necessary to yum update libvpx
> --enablerepo=atrpms-testing --disableplugin=* and then run yum update
> a second time....
>
> Bob Lightfoot

Bob - thanks! It worked for me. I'm now all updated!

Lee

Re: Thanks to Axel and John - ffmpeg, mplayer and mythtv updates now succeed [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 14 Mar 2012, Lee wrote:

>> Just for reference on my system which had ffmpeg, mplayer and mythtv
>> all installed it was necessary to yum update libvpx
>> --enablerepo=atrpms-testing --disableplugin=* and then run yum update
>> a second time....
>
> Bob - thanks! It worked for me. I'm now all updated!

Ditto, and quite by accident I did something which worked even better. I
added a hyphen between 'libvpx' and the '--enablerepo' switch because of
how I copied it (using Alpine). Yum updated everything else with it, all
in one fell swoop.

Ed Hurst
--------
Open for Business - http://ofb.biz/