which are not in your Nov 2011 build.

Thanks!

/Brian/
Re: Rebuild MythTV? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 06:53:56AM -0500, Brian Long wrote:
> I was hoping you could kick off a rebuild of the latest 0.24-fixes branch
> for RHEL 6 and other platforms. I would greatly appreciate it.
>
> 0.24.2 was released a couple of weeks ago and includes a bunch of bug fixes
> which are not in your Nov 2011 build.

New packages are up, also for 0.25.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Re: Rebuild MythTV? [ In reply to ]
On 11/03/2012 15:30, Axel Thimm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 06:53:56AM -0500, Brian Long wrote:
>> I was hoping you could kick off a rebuild of the latest 0.24-fixes branch
>> for RHEL 6 and other platforms. I would greatly appreciate it.
>>
>> 0.24.2 was released a couple of weeks ago and includes a bunch of bug fixes
>> which are not in your Nov 2011 build.
> New packages are up, also for 0.25.
Hi Axel

Seeing 0.24.2 , but no sign of the 0.25 packages (on el6 anyway)

thanks

Dunc

Re: Rebuild MythTV? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 04:15:16PM +0000, Duncan Brown wrote:
> On 11/03/2012 15:30, Axel Thimm wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 06:53:56AM -0500, Brian Long wrote:
> >>I was hoping you could kick off a rebuild of the latest 0.24-fixes branch
> >>for RHEL 6 and other platforms. I would greatly appreciate it.
> >>
> >>0.24.2 was released a couple of weeks ago and includes a bunch of bug fixes
> >>which are not in your Nov 2011 build.
> >New packages are up, also for 0.25.
> Hi Axel
>
> Seeing 0.24.2 , but no sign of the 0.25 packages (on el6 anyway)
>
> thanks
>
> Dunc

Did you look in the right repo? It is a beta package, so it gets extra
bleeding status! :)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Re: Rebuild MythTV? [ In reply to ]
On 13/03/2012 23:33, Axel Thimm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 04:15:16PM +0000, Duncan Brown wrote:
>> On 11/03/2012 15:30, Axel Thimm wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> New packages are up, also for 0.25.
>> Hi Axel
>>
>> Seeing 0.24.2 , but no sign of the 0.25 packages (on el6 anyway)
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Dunc
> Did you look in the right repo? It is a beta package, so it gets extra
> bleeding status! :)
I did, and still cant see it anywhere

Dunc

Re: Rebuild MythTV? [ In reply to ]
On 14/03/2012 08:13, Duncan Brown wrote:
> On 13/03/2012 23:33, Axel Thimm wrote:
>> Did you look in the right repo? It is a beta package, so it gets extra
>> bleeding status! :)
> I did, and still cant see it anywhere
>
> Dunc

Hi Axel

Any news on this, still no sign of it? Someone else mentioned on the
list they couldn't see it either

thanks

Dunc

Re: Rebuild MythTV? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 10:24:53AM +0000, Duncan Brown wrote:
> On 14/03/2012 08:13, Duncan Brown wrote:
> >On 13/03/2012 23:33, Axel Thimm wrote:
> >>Did you look in the right repo? It is a beta package, so it gets extra
> >>bleeding status! :)
> >I did, and still cant see it anywhere
>
> Any news on this, still no sign of it? Someone else mentioned on the
> list they couldn't see it either

Yes, I actually did now push the packages - they had been built, but
not uploaded. Please check dl.atrpms.net (e.g. yum) for 0.25 bleeding
packages.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Re: Rebuild MythTV? [ In reply to ]
On 17/03/2012 19:14, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 10:24:53AM +0000, Duncan Brown wrote:
>>> I did, and still cant see it anywhere
>> Any news on this, still no sign of it? Someone else mentioned on the
>> list they couldn't see it either
> Yes, I actually did now push the packages - they had been built, but
> not uploaded. Please check dl.atrpms.net (e.g. yum) for 0.25 bleeding
> packages.
Thanks Axel

Just a heads up for the next build, you'll need to change --logfile in
the init.d script to --logpath or mythbackend wont start

Also %{_bindir}/mythmessage can go, as the binary has been removed

cheers

Dunc

Re: Rebuild MythTV? [ In reply to ]
On 19/03/2012 06:56, Duncan Brown wrote:
> Thanks Axel
>
> Just a heads up for the next build, you'll need to change --logfile in
> the init.d script to --logpath or mythbackend wont start
>
> Also %{_bindir}/mythmessage can go, as the binary has been removed
>
> cheers
>
> Dunc

and to be a bit more specific, the --logpath function wants a directory
name, not a file name.

So mythbackend.init.in needs to read

binary=@bindir@/mythbackend
prog=mythbackend
RETVAL=0
OPTIONS="$OPTIONS --daemon --logpath @logdir@/mythtv/ --pidfile
@rundir@/$prog.pid"

This also mucks up logrotate, so all the logrotate stuff will have to
go. There is a replacement python script that can be run daily from cron
here:

https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/blob/master/Gentoo/media-tv/mythtv/files/logcleanup.py

Dunc

Re: Rebuild MythTV? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 1:56 AM, Duncan Brown <atrpms@duncb.co.uk> wrote:
> Just a heads up for the next build, you'll need to change --logfile in the
> init.d script to --logpath or mythbackend wont start

Is this a forced change? I just built 0.25 beta and mythbackend --help
gives me the following:
-l OR --logfile OR --logpath Writes logging messages to a file at logpath.
If a directory is given, a logfile will be
created in that directory with a filename of
applicationName.date.pid.log.
If a full filename is given, that file will be
used.

It seems to indicate that --logfile still works unless the help wasn't updated.

Thanks,
Richard

Re: Rebuild MythTV? [ In reply to ]

Re: Rebuild MythTV? [ In reply to ]
On 20-3-2012 22:23, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 1:56 AM, Duncan Brown<atrpms@duncb.co.uk> wrote:
>> Just a heads up for the next build, you'll need to change --logfile in the
>> init.d script to --logpath or mythbackend wont start
>
> Is this a forced change? I just built 0.25 beta and mythbackend --help
> gives me the following:
> -l OR --logfile OR --logpath Writes logging messages to a file at logpath.
> If a directory is given, a logfile will be
> created in that directory with a filename of
> applicationName.date.pid.log.
> If a full filename is given, that file will be
> used.
>
> It seems to indicate that --logfile still works unless the help wasn't updated.

I think you forgot to update your source tree, if I am not mistaken this
was changed around two weeks ago.

Here is some more information on MythTV's logging settings:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Logging

Kind regards,

Jonathan

Re: Rebuild MythTV? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 2:32 AM, Jonathan Martens <jonathan@snetram.nl> wrote:
> I think you forgot to update your source tree, if I am not mistaken this was
> changed around two weeks ago.

Well as I'm the MythTV packager for RPM Fusion I try to stick with
tagged releases until things go into "fixes" mode so the output was
entirely based on the 0.25 beta tag. Now I see there's an RC tagged
I'm going to build it and I'll check the mythbackend options again.

Re: Rebuild MythTV? [ In reply to ]
On 21/03/2012 13:02, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 2:32 AM, Jonathan Martens<jonathan@snetram.nl> wrote:
>> I think you forgot to update your source tree, if I am not mistaken this was
>> changed around two weeks ago.
> Well as I'm the MythTV packager for RPM Fusion I try to stick with
> tagged releases until things go into "fixes" mode so the output was
> entirely based on the 0.25 beta tag. Now I see there's an RC tagged
> I'm going to build it and I'll check the mythbackend options again.
>

>> Here is some more information on MythTV's logging settings:
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Logging
> Thanks!
>
> Richard

If you want a rather easier fix to the logrotate issue than using the
python script then just use this simple commit. Not perfect but it'll
work well enough

https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/commit/7f53b524acfefacb9078b5e8d95f83f9b9a7a147

cheers

Dunc

Re: Rebuild MythTV? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Duncan Brown <atrpms@duncb.co.uk> wrote:
> If you want a rather easier fix to the logrotate issue than using the python
> script then just use this simple commit. Not perfect but it'll work well
> enough
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/commit/7f53b524acfefacb9078b5e8d95f83f9b9a7a147

That'll work. Thanks.

Richard

Re: Rebuild MythTV? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 6:42 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Duncan Brown <atrpms@duncb.co.uk> wrote:
>> If you want a rather easier fix to the logrotate issue than using the python
>> script then just use this simple commit. Not perfect but it'll work well
>> enough
>>
>> https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/commit/7f53b524acfefacb9078b5e8d95f83f9b9a7a147
>
> That'll work. Thanks.
>
> Richard

Axel:

Not to beat a dead horse, but I've check the files in
http://dl.atrpms.net/f16-x86_64/atrpms/bleeding/ and the latest
appears to be mythtv-0.25-280_v0.25_beta_55_g814e880 dated
11-March-2012. I believe the "release candidate" came out on 21
March. Any chance for a bump for a weekend install to the release
candidate in bleeding?

Thanks,

George

Re: Rebuild MythTV? [ In reply to ]
Thanks!

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 04:44:53PM +0000, Duncan Brown wrote:
> On 19/03/2012 06:56, Duncan Brown wrote:
> >Thanks Axel
> >
> >Just a heads up for the next build, you'll need to change
> >--logfile in the init.d script to --logpath or mythbackend wont
> >start
> >
> >Also %{_bindir}/mythmessage can go, as the binary has been removed
> >
> >cheers
> >
> >Dunc
> >
> and to be a bit more specific, the --logpath function wants a
> directory name, not a file name.
>
> So mythbackend.init.in needs to read
>
> binary=@bindir@/mythbackend
> prog=mythbackend
> RETVAL=0
> OPTIONS="$OPTIONS --daemon --logpath @logdir@/mythtv/ --pidfile
> @rundir@/$prog.pid"
>
> This also mucks up logrotate, so all the logrotate stuff will have
> to go. There is a replacement python script that can be run daily
> from cron here:
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/blob/master/Gentoo/media-tv/mythtv/files/logcleanup.py
>
> Dunc

Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Re: Rebuild MythTV? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 12:21:58PM -0400, George Galt wrote:
> Not to beat a dead horse, but I've check the files in
> http://dl.atrpms.net/f16-x86_64/atrpms/bleeding/ and the latest
> appears to be mythtv-0.25-280_v0.25_beta_55_g814e880 dated
> 11-March-2012. I believe the "release candidate" came out on 21
> March. Any chance for a bump for a weekend install to the release
> candidate in bleeding?

I'm rebuilding a cut, but I don't expect many testers. There weren't
many for the beta cut and most are afraid of disrupting their
production systems.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Re: Rebuild MythTV? [ In reply to ]
2012/3/29 Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@atrpms.net>

> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 12:21:58PM -0400, George Galt wrote:
> > Not to beat a dead horse, but I've check the files in
> > http://dl.atrpms.net/f16-x86_64/atrpms/bleeding/ and the latest
> > appears to be mythtv-0.25-280_v0.25_beta_55_g814e880 dated
> > 11-March-2012. I believe the "release candidate" came out on 21
> > March. Any chance for a bump for a weekend install to the release
> > candidate in bleeding?
>
> I'm rebuilding a cut, but I don't expect many testers. There weren't
> many for the beta cut and most are afraid of disrupting their
> production systems.
> --
> Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Why isn't there a mythweb included in the 0.25 build?

Regards

Ib
Re: Rebuild MythTV? [ In reply to ]
On 03/04/2012 16:17, Ib Uhrskov wrote:

> Why isn't there a mythweb included in the 0.25 build?
>
> Regards
>
> Ib
There is?

http://dl.atrpms.net/all/mythweb-0.25-270_v0.25_beta.noarch.rpm
Re: Rebuild MythTV? [ In reply to ]
On 04/04/12 08:13, Duncan Brown wrote:
> On 03/04/2012 16:17, Ib Uhrskov wrote:
>>

>> Why isn't there a mythweb included in the 0.25 build?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Ib
> There is?
>
> http://dl.atrpms.net/all/mythweb-0.25-270_v0.25_beta.noarch.rpm

Hmm. It looks as if I could download it although I can't open the 'all'
folder and find it for myself. Make it difficult to know that it's
there :-) I guess it was classified as riskier-than-bleeding?

John P

Re: Rebuild MythTV? [ In reply to ]
On 04/04/2012 10:48, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 04/04/12 08:13, Duncan Brown wrote:
>> On 03/04/2012 16:17, Ib Uhrskov wrote:
>>>

>>> Why isn't there a mythweb included in the 0.25 build?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Ib
>> There is?
>>
>> http://dl.atrpms.net/all/mythweb-0.25-270_v0.25_beta.noarch.rpm
>
> Hmm. It looks as if I could download it although I can't open the
> 'all' folder and find it for myself. Make it difficult to know that
> it's there :-) I guess it was classified as riskier-than-bleeding?
>
> John P

I imagine the all folder has directory listing turned off because it's
enormous. It's only there for easy direct linking I should think

It's hardly hidden though, it appears in yum/smart, and is listed on the
website

Re: Rebuild MythTV? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Wed, Apr 04, 2012 at 08:13:55AM +0100, Duncan Brown wrote:
> On 03/04/2012 16:17, Ib Uhrskov wrote:
> >Why isn't there a mythweb included in the 0.25 build?
> There is?
>
> http://dl.atrpms.net/all/mythweb-0.25-270_v0.25_beta.noarch.rpm

Ib was right, when he wrote it there wasn't. The package above was
built after I read his mail and I just wanted to reply to it. :)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Re: Rebuild MythTV? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 09:47:22AM +0100, Duncan Brown wrote:
> >>http://dl.atrpms.net/all/mythweb-0.25-270_v0.25_beta.noarch.rpm
> >
> >Hmm. It looks as if I could download it although I can't open the
> >'all' folder and find it for myself. Make it difficult to know that
> >it's there :-) I guess it was classified as riskier-than-bleeding?

> I imagine the all folder has directory listing turned off because
> it's enormous. It's only there for easy direct linking I should
> think

Exactly. :) I also wanted to avoid people pulling in twice the same
content if they are mirroring all of dl.atrpms.net.

> It's hardly hidden though, it appears in yum/smart, and is listed on
> the website

Yes, it's just for the website, yum/smart/apt pull their packages from
the distribution specific folders.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net