Mailing List Archive

Re: using src rpm files
On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 05:14:06PM -0000, Alex Hazlewood wrote:
> I am in the process of installing a DVB-T card , I have complied the
> drivers and have the card working ..however I am at the point of recompiling
> mythTV with DVB support and I require some information.
>
> The last time I compiled mythtv from source I ended up with a system where
> mythfrontend would not start .... I was wondering if you can use the src rpm
> files from atrpms to create mythtv with dvb support .. if so can someone
> please tell me how to do this...

Yes, but there are some caveats/notes you must be aware of:

o do not build under /usr, as a bug in qmake will create bad paths.
o Use --define 'atrelase() %1.Alex' or similar as an argument to rpmbuild

The latter will change to be more rebuild friendly (e.g. no extra
command line arguments will be needed).

I'd also like to add DVB support to the rpms, if they do not break
anything else.
--
Axel.Thimm@physik.fu-berlin.de
>>I am in the process of installing a DVB-T card , I have complied the
>>drivers and have the card working ..however I am at the point of recompiling
>>mythTV with DVB support and I require some information.
>>
>>The last time I compiled mythtv from source I ended up with a system where
>>mythfrontend would not start .... I was wondering if you can use the src rpm
>>files from atrpms to create mythtv with dvb support .. if so can someone
>>please tell me how to do this...
>

> Yes, but there are some caveats/notes you must be aware of:
>
> o do not build under /usr, as a bug in qmake will create bad paths.
> o Use --define 'atrelase() %1.Alex' or similar as an argument to rpmbuild
^^

don't you mean atrelease() ?

// Stefan