broadcom-wl-5.100.82.112-6.el6
Axel,

the kernel module does not build for rhel6.

This is the reason I have never upgraded this package.
The previous version works just fine for me ...

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ
Re: broadcom-wl-5.100.82.112-6.el6 [ In reply to ]
Anyway,

I fixed the compilation for rhel6:

http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/broadcom-wl-5.100.82.112-7.fc17.src.rpm

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
DCC - UFRJ
Re: broadcom-wl-5.100.82.112-6.el6 [ In reply to ]
Thanks, ATM nothing builds under the new Fedora kernels anymore ... :(

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 08:08:04AM -0300, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> Anyway,
>
> I fixed the compilation for rhel6:
>
> http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/broadcom-wl-5.100.82.112-7.fc17.src.rpm
>

> On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 7:33 AM, Paulo Cavalcanti <promac@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Axel,
> >
> > the kernel module does not build for rhel6.
> >
> > This is the reason I have never upgraded this package.
> > The previous version works just fine for me ...
> >
> > --
> > Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
> > LCG - UFRJ
> >

> --
> Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
> DCC - UFRJ

Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Re: broadcom-wl-5.100.82.112-6.el6 [ In reply to ]
But I am using this fixed new driver on a LeNovo running rhel6 just fine.

It is worth supporting broadcom on rhel6, because the fix was just
redefining the switches
on the code based on the kernel versions. Everything was done in the spec
file just
using sed ...

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 5:34 AM, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@atrpms.net> wrote:

> Thanks, ATM nothing builds under the new Fedora kernels anymore ... :(
>
> On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 08:08:04AM -0300, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> > Anyway,
> >
> > I fixed the compilation for rhel6:
> >

> http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/broadcom-wl-5.100.82.112-7.fc17.src.rpm
> >

> > On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 7:33 AM, Paulo Cavalcanti <promac@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Axel,
> > >
> > > the kernel module does not build for rhel6.
> > >
> > > This is the reason I have never upgraded this package.
> > > The previous version works just fine for me ...
> > >
> > > --
> > > Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
> > > LCG - UFRJ
> > >

> > --
> > Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
> > DCC - UFRJ

> Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
DCC - UFRJ
Re: broadcom-wl-5.100.82.112-6.el6 [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Aug 03, 2013 at 12:40:37PM -0300, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> But I am using this fixed new driver on a LeNovo running rhel6 just fine.

Yes, it is Fedora that is broken. :(

> It is worth supporting broadcom on rhel6, because the fix was just
> redefining the switches
> on the code based on the kernel versions. Everything was done in the spec
> file just
> using sed ...

True - you mean because currently the driver is the old one again? I
just switched to test the builds, I will place the new one again
instead (which will have broken Fedora support as well, but at least
EL6 will be fine).

Thanks!

> On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 5:34 AM, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@atrpms.net> wrote:
>
> > Thanks, ATM nothing builds under the new Fedora kernels anymore ... :(
> >
> > On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 08:08:04AM -0300, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> > > Anyway,
> > >
> > > I fixed the compilation for rhel6:
> > >

> > http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/broadcom-wl-5.100.82.112-7.fc17.src.rpm

> > > --