--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ
Re: alsa driver 1.0.24 for rhel5 [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Sat, 2011-08-13 at 17:45 -0300, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> the fix is easy, but once again, it will only work for for the latest
> rhel5 kernel, 2.6.18-274:

Thanks, I did build it, but now we have too many incompatible alsa
1.0.24 versions around which should merge into one srpm in the long run.
Especially for RHEL5 where having them in the same repo would ruin some
of the kernels people use and ATrpms supports.

If you find some time please have a look, otherwise I hope to get some
time to do so as well, thanks!
--
http://thimm.gr/ - http://ATrpms.net/
Re: alsa driver 1.0.24 for rhel5 [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 4:58 AM, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@atrpms.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 2011-08-13 at 17:45 -0300, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> > the fix is easy, but once again, it will only work for for the latest
> > rhel5 kernel, 2.6.18-274:
>
> Thanks, I did build it, but now we have too many incompatible alsa
> 1.0.24 versions around which should merge into one srpm in the long run.
> Especially for RHEL5 where having them in the same repo would ruin some
> of the kernels people use and ATrpms supports.
>
> If you find some time please have a look, otherwise I hope to get some
> time to do so as well, thanks!
> --

For Fedora there is only one version (the last one - 91).

For rhel5 we have 89 (2.6.18-238.19.1), 90 (2.6.18-274) and 91
(2.6.18-274.3.1), and who knows what comes with the next kernel ...

How long will you provide kernel modules for the 238 series?

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ