Mailing List Archive

libmodplug conflict between ATRPMS and EPEL for EL6
TO atrpms-devel@atrpms.net
AND epel-devel-list@redhat.com

ATRPMS and EPEL between them have supplied nearly
all my required additional packages between them for EL6
(the one outstanding I have been unable to find is Digikam).

Unfortunately I have encountered one dependency
conflict between the repositories, namely for libmodplug.

The two RPMs in question are:

libmodplug-0.8.7-2.el6.x86_64 - as provided by ATRPMS
libmodplug-0.8.8.1-2.el6.x86_64 - as provided by EPEL

I understand that the 3rd party repositories try their best
not to have dependency clashes between each other,
hence I am bringing it to the attention of both projects.

Many thanks,

David.

Re: libmodplug conflict between ATRPMS and EPEL for EL6 [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 12:59 PM, David Crick <dacrick@gmail.com> wrote:

> TO atrpms-devel@atrpms.net
> AND epel-devel-list@redhat.com
>
> ATRPMS and EPEL between them have supplied nearly
> all my required additional packages between them for EL6
> (the one outstanding I have been unable to find is Digikam).
>
> Unfortunately I have encountered one dependency
> conflict between the repositories, namely for libmodplug.
>
> The two RPMs in question are:
>
> libmodplug-0.8.7-2.el6.x86_64 - as provided by ATRPMS
> libmodplug-0.8.8.1-2.el6.x86_64 - as provided by EPEL
>
> I understand that the 3rd party repositories try their best
> not to have dependency clashes between each other,
> hence I am bringing it to the attention of both projects.

This one is simple. The .src.rpm below breaks the libs from ATrpms:

http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/libmodplug-0.8.7-3.fc14.src.rpm

[urubu:~] listrpm libmodplug0-0.8.7-3.el6.x86_64
/usr/lib64/libmodplug.so.0
/usr/lib64/libmodplug.so.0.0.0

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti