Mailing List Archive

really basic -- maybe off-topic question
I'm looking into Saas apps, and I'm seeing "frameworks". Some of these
Saas/App frameworks don't appear to use apache/nginx as a "webserver",
but the app will have a "Url" in an "env" file. So, somehow/somewhere
the app is implementing some sort of server logic/function.

Is this normal?

The frameworks I'm seeing are nodejs/Laravel/etc.

Is there a way to have the framework be "served" from a normal
"webserver" -- eg Apache?

One of the framework apps I'm looking at is
https://github.com/thedevdojo/wave

Thanks for any help/comments/etc!!

or, if there are pointers/sites you can point me to on these issues --
that'll work as well!

-bruce

Re: really basic -- maybe off-topic question [ In reply to ]
On 2023-11-01 10:30, bruce wrote:
> I'm looking into Saas apps, and I'm seeing "frameworks". Some of these
> Saas/App frameworks don't appear to use apache/nginx as a "webserver",
> but the app will have a "Url" in an "env" file. So, somehow/somewhere
> the app is implementing some sort of server logic/function.
>
> Is this normal?
>
> The frameworks I'm seeing are nodejs/Laravel/etc.
>
> Is there a way to have the framework be "served" from a normal
> "webserver" -- eg Apache?
>
> One of the framework apps I'm looking at is
> https://github.com/thedevdojo/wave

This is really not an apache / httpd question. It *appears* after a
very quick look, to be a cloud based commercial subscription where you
have no choice concerning the "cloud server set-up."

Their demo at <https://wave.devdojo.com> does produce a purportedly
html5 page, which contains 98 errors and 59 warnings according to W3.org
at
<https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=https%3A%2F%2Fwave.devdojo.com%2F&showsource=yes>

YMMV

Paul