Mailing List Archive

Apache service reported path is invalid
Hi,
   We are using the Apache2.4.57 version on one of the servers. Here we have facing an issue when we add the external drive to the config file. Kindly find the below error message which we found in the EventViewer.
The Apache service named reported the following error:>>> Ah00526: Syntax error on the line 406 of c:/Apache24/conf/httpd.conf

The Apache service named reported the following error:
>>> <Directory "\\\\10.12.30.50\\COMTRACK01\\Comtrack_processing_root"> path is invalid.

Warm Regards,
M Ravi Chandra.Zentech Innovations Private Limited
Re: Apache service reported path is invalid [ In reply to ]
Try a few things:

1) Don't escape the \'s in the path
2) Use / instead of \
3) map the network path to a drive letter in windows.

Re: Apache service reported path is invalid [ In reply to ]
Hi,
But when we run the 'httpd.exe' on CMD it works without any error and we are able to access files that exist within the path (No changes in the path format "\\\\10.12.30.50\\COMTRACK01\\Comtrack_processing_root").

Whereas we run with service we are getting the path invalid error.
Yes, we have tried with both symbols as mentioned in the below mail then also we are facing the same issue.

Re: Apache service reported path is invalid [ In reply to ]
Try mapping the path to a network letter in windows.

Re: Apache service reported path is invalid [ In reply to ]
We already mapped the network drive(NAS). Then also we are facing the same problem. But able to run within Commandline.

Re: Apache service reported path is invalid [ In reply to ]
Can you show the updated configuration? It's very difficult to see what you
did otherwise.

Re: Apache service reported path is invalid [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jun 6, 2023 at 5:33?AM Ravi Chandra <ravi@zensys.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are using the Apache2.4.57 version on one of the servers. Here we have facing an issue when we add the external drive to the config file. Kindly find the below error message which we found in the EventViewer.
>
> The Apache service named reported the following error:
>

> The Apache service named reported the following error:

The user the service runs as needs to be able to access this share
with the same user/password as is used on the webserver.

Re: Apache service reported path is invalid [ In reply to ]
Please find the config and the path in which we are using the network path. Please let us know is any changes in the config file, and also find the config file for reference.

Re: Apache service reported path is invalid [ In reply to ]
As Eric said, the only reason left is a permissions issue, which results in
that error.

Re: Apache service reported path is invalid [ In reply to ]
Can we have an idea what type of permission issue please.

Zentech Innovation Private Limited
M Ravi Chandra

On Wed, 7 Jun 2023 at 23:45, Frank Gingras<thumbs@apache.org> wrote: As Eric said, the only reason left is a permissions issue, which results in that error.

Re: Apache service reported path is invalid [ In reply to ]
You would want to attempt to reach that path while connected as that user.
Any error would prevent you from reading the directory.

Re: Apache service reported path is invalid [ In reply to ]
On that note, to verify if it is indeed a permissions issue, you may
troubleshoot by granting all permissions to all users.

Function: CHMOD

If access proceeds as desired then you can at least be certain it is a
permissions issue; then revert back to your policies and make note one by
one to determine which user(s) are preventing desired access functionality.
If still access proceeds undesired, we can possibly rule out the
permissions issue.

Greg

Sent from my iPhone
Re: Apache service reported path is invalid [ In reply to ]
Greg, they are using windows.

Re: Apache service reported path is invalid [ In reply to ]
Ravi,

On Fri, Jun 9, 2023, 7:34 AM Frank Gingras <thumbs@apache.org> wrote:

> Greg, they are using windows.

Procmon tool can be used to identify problem. It's from Microsoft.

Launch the tool. Start Apache and wait for failure. Stop tracing
immediately otherwise you will get some noises. After that you can filter
by pid, path etc.

Re: Apache service reported path is invalid [ In reply to ]
Hello.

Do I have to keep attaching png named jpg here? :)
According to that png or jpeg or whatever it is, it still has \\\\.

That means the following pattern will pass, right?

D:\path\to\dir
D:/path/to/dir
\\hostname_or_ipaddress\path\to\dir
//hostname_or_ipaddress/path/to/dir

Regards.

Re: Apache service reported path is invalid [ In reply to ]
6/9/2023
8:05 PM EST

Ravi:

I was taking another look at your issue. I noticed a "case difference" and
I am curious to know if this causing your issue.

Please note that in your email dated 6/6/2023 5:33 AM the screenshot of
your log states:

------
The Apache service named reported the following error:

The Apache service named reported the following error:

<Directory "\\\\10.12.30.50\\COMTRACK01\\Comtrack_processing_root"> path is
invalid
------

Please note that in your config file, you have an alias pointing to:

Alias /processing_root_folder "F:/Comtrack_Processing_Root"

Alias /processing_root_folder1
"\\\\10.12.30.50\COMTRACK01\Comtrack_Processing_Root">

___
Please note:
"Comtrack_processing_root"
"Comtrack_Processing_Root"

as the case difference aforementioned.
___

I am uncertain is this is causing your issue, but it worth noting.
Furthermore, your log says line 406 of httpd.conf but as I see from the
image there is only a section of the log. Did you send an attachment of the
full httpd.conf file and an attachment of an image section of httpd.conf?

Specifically, what does line 406 say? I can only see the image attached; I
cannot open the httpd.conf file on this device so I don't know if it is the
full configuration file or a redacted version.

Main points:
(1) note the "case difference"
(2) what does line 406 read? re: syntax error

Greg

https://www.linkedin.com/colorsorted

On Friday, June 9, 2023, Tatsuki Makino <tatsuki_makino@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Do I have to keep attaching png named jpg here? :)
> According to that png or jpeg or whatever it is, it still has \\\\.
>
> That means the following pattern will pass, right?
>
> D:\path\to\dir
> D:/path/to/dir
> \\hostname_or_ipaddress\path\to\dir
> //hostname_or_ipaddress/path/to/dir
>
> Regards.

On Friday, June 9, 2023, Tatsuki Makino <tatsuki_makino@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Do I have to keep attaching png named jpg here? :)
> According to that png or jpeg or whatever it is, it still has \\\\.
>
> That means the following pattern will pass, right?
>
> D:\path\to\dir
> D:/path/to/dir
> \\hostname_or_ipaddress\path\to\dir
> //hostname_or_ipaddress/path/to/dir
>
> Regards.

Sent from my iPhone
Re: Apache service reported path is invalid [ In reply to ]
Greg,

Case sensitivity for paths isn't a concern on windows.

Re: Apache service reported path is invalid [ In reply to ]
6/9/2023
11:14 PM EST

Frank:

Thank you for that information; however, Ravi's original message states "on
one of the servers" so I am not sure if his full tech stack is operable via
windows or if it is a multi-OS tandem integration.

Ravi, please let us know an update when you get a chance!

Best,
Greg

https://www.linkedin.com/in/colorsorted

--
Sent from my iPhone
Re: Apache service reported path is invalid [ In reply to ]
Greg,
When we ran the Procmon tool we found the result Access Denied. please find the log image.

Re: Apache service reported path is invalid [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Jun 10, 2023 at 12:22?PM Ravi Chandra <ravi@zensys.com> wrote:

> Please find the log file for the Process Monitor.
>
> Thanks for sharing Procmon trace details, Ravi. It is showing following
which means the a/c under which you are launching this httpd service
doesn't have read access.

Process Name PID Operation Path Result Detail
httpd.exe 16008 CreateFile \\10.12.30.50\COMTRACK01\ ACCESS DENIED Desired
Access: Read Attributes, Synchronize, Disposition: Open, Options:
Synchronous IO Non-Alert, Non-Directory File, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode:
Read, Write, AllocationSize: n/a

Please provide read access to that a/c for \\10.12.30.50\COMTRACK01\
location and try again.

Warm Regards,