so i'm stuck at this point. Is there anything else I can try here? Bottom line is to get apache2-mod_nss configured and I think we'll be good to go.

Thanks,
Tom
Re: Apache 2.2 and tls 1.2 [ In reply to ]
On 7/23/20 4:41 PM, Tom Jubb wrote:
> New certs will successfully installed on Apache 2.2

Apache 2.2 ?

That was End of Life a while ago.

You have a bigger problem. Migrate to 2.4.43 and then deal with certs
and such.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC

Re: Apache 2.2 and tls 1.2 [ In reply to ]
Understood. Just trying to exhaust all possible solutions before doing an OS upgrade.

We need to change Apache to use mod_nss instead of mod_ssl to enable TLS. This used to work just fine (I've installed this on OES/SLES11), and you will in fact find it discussed here: https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7016828# but unfortunately the other pages referenced in that article are broken links, another side effect of MicroFocus's ingestion of SUSE and Novell etc.

Apparently, at some point since that TID was written, upstream updates to mod_nss changed the way it works in that the related tools create the nss certificate database in a different format by default (sqlite), and Apache doesn't seem to be willing to read it. There's probably a straightforward way around this, but it seems to be missing from the current documentation. Perhaps this question is better brought up in a SuSE listerv and not the general Apache listserv.

Re: Apache 2.2 and tls 1.2 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 12:51 Tom Jubb <tjubb@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Understood. Just trying to exhaust all possible solutions before doing an OS upgrade.

FYI, I recently completed a local src build of Apache 2.4.43 (and APR
and APR-UTIL), and OpenSSL 1.1.1g on Debian 10 Buster. I have
documented the process on my Github repo at:

https://github.com/tbrowder/config-scripts/tree/master/Apache

Best regards,

-Tom