it right. Does mod_rewrite even support this?

--
Johan Svedberg, johan@svedberg.pp.se, http://johan.svedberg.pp.se/

Re: Help with mod_rewrite [ In reply to ]
* Johan Svedberg <johan@svedberg.pp.se> wrote:

> How would I get RewriteRule /weblog/archives/?([^0-9]+)/ to exclude the
> match of /weblog/archives/index.php? A zero-width negative look-ahead
> regexp seems to be the solution, but I can't seem to get the syntax for
> it right. Does mod_rewrite even support this?

It does in 2.x, since PCRE are used there. But the better (faster) way is
probably:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/weblog/archives/index.php$ - [L]
RewriteRule ^/weblog/archives/?([^0-9]+)/ yourreplacement

nd

Re: Help with mod_rewrite [ In reply to ]
* May 26 13:54 André Malo <nd@perlig.de>:
> * Johan Svedberg <johan@svedberg.pp.se> wrote:
>
> > How would I get RewriteRule /weblog/archives/?([^0-9]+)/ to exclude
> > the match of /weblog/archives/index.php? A zero-width negative
> > look-ahead regexp seems to be the solution, but I can't seem to get
> > the syntax for it right. Does mod_rewrite even support this?
>
> It does in 2.x, since PCRE are used there. But the better (faster) way
> is probably:
>
> RewriteEngine On RewriteRule ^/weblog/archives/index.php$ - [L]
> RewriteRule ^/weblog/archives/?([^0-9]+)/ yourreplacement

That does indeed work. Everything works well now, except for one thing.
When I try to access /weblog/archives/ the second rule kicks in.
However, with the latest addition, accessing /weblog/archives/index.php
now works in the desired way. How would I make /weblog/archives/ behave
in the same way? I hope this made any sence. :-)

Here is my current configuration:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^weblog/archives/index.php$ - [L]
RewriteRule ^weblog/archives/?([^0-9]+)/ /index.php?category_name=$1 [QSA]
RewriteRule ^weblog/archives/?([0-9]{4})?/?([0-9]{1,2})?/?([0-9]{1,2})?/?([_0-9a-z-]+)?/?([0-9]+)?/?$/index.php?year=$1&monthnum=$2&day=$3&name=$4&page=$5 [QSA]

Johan Svedberg, johan@svedberg.pp.se, http://johan.svedberg.pp.se/

Re: Help with mod_rewrite [ In reply to ]
: > > How would I get RewriteRule /weblog/archives/?([^0-9]+)/ to exclude
: > > the match of /weblog/archives/index.php? A zero-width negative
: > > look-ahead regexp seems to be the solution, but I can't seem to get
: > > the syntax for it right. Does mod_rewrite even support this?
: >
:
: That does indeed work. Everything works well now, except for one thing.
: When I try to access /weblog/archives/ the second rule kicks in.
: However, with the latest addition, accessing /weblog/archives/index.php
: now works in the desired way. How would I make /weblog/archives/ behave
: in the same way? I hope this made any sence. :-)

How about adding another rule to redirect '/' to '/index.php'?

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^weblog/archives/$ weblog/archives/index.php [R]
RewriteRule ^weblog/archives/index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteRule ^weblog/archives/?([^0-9]+)/ /index.php?category_name=$1 [QSA]

--
Eugene Lee

Re: Help with mod_rewrite [ In reply to ]
Johan Svedberg wrote:
> > RewriteEngine On
> > RewriteRule ^/weblog/archives/index.php$ - [L]
> > RewriteRule ^/weblog/archives/?([^0-9]+)/ yourreplacement
>
> That does indeed work. Everything works well now, except for one thing.
> When I try to access /weblog/archives/ the second rule kicks in.

You might want to try:
RewriteRule ^/weblog/archives/(index.php)?$ - [L]

Regards,
Robert Andersson

RE: Help with mod_rewrite [ In reply to ]
Try this:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteLogLevel 3
RewriteLog "/home/www/mywebsite.com/logs/rewrite.log"
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} absba\.org [NC]
RewriteRule .* http://www.redirected.org/ [R]