The second part of your comment mentions something about faking out i.e. some how, can you elaborate please, the first part of your response, confirms that the error 404 is being echo out load.

Thanks
Vic
RE: Joshua Slive - ErrorDocument [ In reply to ]
From: SSleeper [mailto:SSleeper@iProsperOnline.com]
<quote>
Hi Joshua, you are the only one to reply to my email, but the comments you
made were a little confusing, my fault, what I am trying to do is have a
catch all, with the internal link, so as not to lose the header, so that a
page can be setup dynamically.

We have it working, except that with i.e., it fails from time to time,
because it reads the document not found(404) error, and doesn't see the
link.

The second part of your comment mentions something about faking out i.e.
some how, can you elaborate please, the first part of your response,
confirms that the error 404 is being echo out load.
</quote>

[.Please post in plain text. And if you are referencing a pervious message,
please quote the relevant parts; I had to search the archives to figure out
what you are talking about]

If you really want to "fake out" MSIE, the easiest way is simply to make
sure that
your error document is "large enough". Send a bunch of <!-- Blah --> at the
end if necessary.

But it sounds to me like you are using the wrong solution. By using
ErrorDocument, you may be confusing search engines and proxy caches into
thinking that your pages are all missing. Instead, I recommend

AliasMatch (.*) /full/path/to/nf.cfm

Joshua.

Re: Joshua Slive - ErrorDocument [ In reply to ]
Thank you, appreicated.

Vic

Victor Nichols