Mailing List Archive

mod_rewrite/Timeout question.
Hi All,

I would like to try something tricky. But am not
sure if it can be done.

I currently have a scenario where a pdf file gets created
when a link is clicked. The pdf is dynamic and generated
by data that is queried from a DB. So, if the query is
big enough, then the time it takes to generate it grows.
Once this time is past my "Timeout" value (currently set
to 300), the connection is dropped.

I don't want to open up my Timeout value for one url on
my entire site. So I thought of an idea, if apache will allow
it.

Can the Timeout value be set for a particular url subset?

I was digging into mod_rewrite to see if it can do such
work, but I couldn't find it. So I am now asking here..

Any thoughts to a better direction are welcome too.

Thanks for any input.

-k

Re: mod_rewrite/Timeout question. [ In reply to ]
unfortunately not. you should think of other solutions instead, maybe
partially pre-generated code for contents of master records?