authorization Apache sents a response 'Authorization required' to the client
and my browser pops up a login window. In this login window I want to use
UTF8 character sequences, but... Apache has set the content-type to
'ISO-8859-1' characterset. How can I change this content-type? Where can I
find these (internal?) 'Authorization required'-webpages?

I hope I made my problem clear!

Thanx in advance,

Marco

RE: setting the content-type of the authorization pages [ In reply to ]
In addition: I have found the ErrorDocument directive... all pages served
now use a content-type of: 'text/html: charset=UTF-8', even the
'Authorization required' (401) use this contenttype. But still no luck with
the UTF8 character sequence... :( Explanation: I want to sent the username:
marcó, that is: 'marc' + latin small letter o with acute (decimal: 243,
hexadecimal: F3 in the ISO-8859-1 characterset). But the username should be
translated in UTF-8 to: marcó, that is: 'marc' + latin capital letter A
with tilde + superscript three (decimal: 195+179, hexadecimal: C3+B3 in the
ISO-8859-1 characterset) So all pages where I enter my username, the
accented character is translated into 2 characters because of UTF-8, except
the characters I enter in the login-window... Anybody knows how to solve
this?

Best regards,

Marco

RE: setting the content-type of the authorization pages [ In reply to ]
Nobody on this list who knows the solution to this problem??? Any
German/French Apache-guru's outthere? Or maybe an Apache-guru who is not in
the ISO-8859-1 (Latin-1) area? How do you enter your special characters into
the login window? (Do the guru's outthere understand my problem? Did I made
myself clear enough?)

Best regards,

Marco
The Netherlands

Re: setting the content-type of the authorization pages [ In reply to ]
> Hello everybody,
>
> I am new to the list and have the following problem. I am not exactly sure
> how to classify this problem, but I will give it a try...
>
> All my webpages served by Apache are using UTF8 as the contenttype. But a
> few pages use authorization. Now my problem: when I access a page with
> authorization Apache sents a response 'Authorization required' to the client
> and my browser pops up a login window. In this login window I want to use
> UTF8 character sequences, but... Apache has set the content-type to
> 'ISO-8859-1' characterset. How can I change this content-type? Where can I
> find these (internal?) 'Authorization required'-webpages?
>
> I hope I made my problem clear!
>
> Thanx in advance,

uhm, just a wild guess, didn't tried it...

... <meta ...> tags?

hth

pietro.