Mailing List Archive

CGI-BIN & Perl scripts
Hey there,

I made a simple perl script like this:
#!/usr/bin/perl
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "<HTML><BODY>bla bla</BODY></HTML>

file is name test.pl, permissions
-rwxr-xr-x root, root, other
./test.pl works as expected
in httpd.conf:
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/var/www/cgi-bin/"

<Directory "/var/www/cgi-bin">
AllowOverride None
Options None
Order Allow,Deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

when going to
http://myserver/cgi-bin/test.pl
I just get the contents of the file, also html files can be served from the
directory (although it doesn't recognize index files
(myserver.tld/cgi-bin/index.html will show the index file but
myserver.tld/cgi-bin/ will give no such file or directory). I was under the
assumption anything in a scriptalias directory would be executed but it
doesn't look like it....

Any ideas?

Kind regards

Re: CGI-BIN & Perl scripts [ In reply to ]
On Friday 25 January 2002 13:21, you wrote:

Sorry, forgot to mention I have also tried
Options +ExecCGI in the Directory container.

regards

Re: CGI-BIN & Perl scripts [ In reply to ]
Your missing a quote & a semicolon. It should be

#!/usr/bin/perl
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "<HTML><BODY>bla bla</BODY></HTML>";

-=- RuneImp
ImpTech - Web Design, Hosting & Computer Tech
http://imptech.net
rune@imptech.net

Re: CGI-BIN & Perl scripts [ In reply to ]