Also, is there any way to _not_ restart this clock during normal
operation? Thanks.

-Kyle

RE: mod_status & server uptime [ In reply to ]
> From: Kyle [mailto:kyle@ccidomain.com]

> Using mod_status, when I look at my /server-status/, can anybody tell me
> why the line that says "Server uptime:" restarts everyday at 4:00 AM?
>
> To the best of my knowledge, I don't have anything Apache related
> happening every morning at 4:00 AM.

I bet you a nickle you have a log-rotation cron job running every morning at
4am.

Joshua.

Re: mod_status & server uptime [ In reply to ]
I had already checked that. But your willingness to bet so much money
on it made me check again. There was a system cron job that *might*
have been causing it. I'll let you know if you've come into any money
tomorrow. ;) Thanks!
-Kyle

Re: mod_status & server uptime [ In reply to ]
I have a log-rotation cron job running every hour and my uptime is many
days...so I put my money on Kyle.

- Casey

On Tuesday 22 January 2002 04:47 pm, Kyle wrote:
> I had already checked that. But your willingness to bet so much money
> on it made me check again. There was a system cron job that *might*
> have been causing it. I'll let you know if you've come into any money
> tomorrow. ;) Thanks!
> -Kyle
>
> Joshua Slive wrote:
> > I bet you a nickle you have a log-rotation cron job running every morning
> > at 4am.
> >
> > Joshua.

Casey Allen Shobe
cshobe@softhome.net

'Why do people with closed minds always open their mouths?'

Re: mod_status & server uptime [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Casey Allen Shobe wrote:

> I have a log-rotation cron job running every hour and my uptime is many
> days...so I put my money on Kyle.
>
> On Tuesday 22 January 2002 04:47 pm, Kyle wrote:
> > I had already checked that. But your willingness to bet so much money
> > on it made me check again. There was a system cron job that *might*
> > have been causing it. I'll let you know if you've come into any money
> > tomorrow. ;) Thanks!
> > -Kyle
> >
> > Joshua Slive wrote:
> > > I bet you a nickle you have a log-rotation cron job running every morning
> > > at 4am.

It depends how you do it. The naive linux logrotate program (or whatever
its called) sends SIGHUP to all apache processes. This will reset your
uptime. Probably a SIGUSR1 will not.

Joshua.