Mailing List Archive

mod_access_referer problem
This is some more information concerning the email I sent earlier concerning
an access_referer problem. The problem again is I have a client who recently
switched ip's. We have him configured so that he is allowed to access a
directory using the mod_access_referer module and the allow_referer
directive which can allow based on ip's and/or domain names. Since his ip
switch we get this in our error logs:

[error] [client ip.xxx.xxx.xxx] client denied by server configuration:
/dir/subdir

We had no issues before the ip switch. His new ip's resolve properly and we
can connect to his network. He isn't being blocked by our firewall. Our
apache config and modules haven't been touched except to add his new ip.
Here is the config for the dir in httpd.conf:

<Directory /dir/subdir>
Default_Referer deny_referer
Order_Referer deny_referer,allow_referer
Deny_Referer from all
Allow_Referer from .client.com xx.xx.xx.xx
#his ip.
DirectoryIndex index.html
Options -Indexes FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Directory>

Any thoughts or links would be appreciated.

G White

RE: mod_access_referer problem [ In reply to ]
> From: Graham White [mailto:graham@bravenet.com]

> <Directory /dir/subdir>
> Default_Referer deny_referer
> Order_Referer deny_referer,allow_referer
> Deny_Referer from all
> Allow_Referer from .client.com xx.xx.xx.xx
> #his ip.

I don't know anything about mod_access_referer, and I don't know why you are
using it. Apache can do this perfectly well without any extra modules, as
described in the "Preventing Image Theft" example:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/env.html#examples

But the question is, do you really want to block by Referer? The Referer is
the page that links to your page, not the client. It sounds to me like you
simply want to use the ordinary Allow/Deny directives to allow access to a
particular client IP.

Joshua.

Re: mod_access_referer problem [ In reply to ]
hello to all of u,

m having problem compiling apache 1.3.22 in my rh 6.2....after i issue the
command

# make OPTIM=-O2 ..... this error comes out

/usr/src/stdlib.h:492: alloca.h: No such file or directory....

where can i find the alloca.h file so that i will not have this
error....?...thanks....