Mailing List Archive

science fair
Hey all.

Im currently working on my high school science project and am hoping
someone can help me out. Here's the project overview:

I am building a simple web application in several languages (PHP, JSP,
Perl and ColdFusion). It takes data from MySQL, builds an HTML doument
from it, and sends it off to Apache. The idea is to see which language
is fastest.

The problem I have is the timing. I need to get an accurate time
between the HTTP request is sent, and the time the first HTTP response
headers start coming back. This way I can compare the times to see
which language adds the most execution time.

Anyone have an idea how to implement this? I'm thinking a simple Perl
script will do it, but I don't know how to go about it. Or maybe
someone knows of another program that will do this.

TIA,
Brandon Hale