Mailing List Archive

snoop for FreeBSD
On this list has been mentioned certain utilities such
as snoop. But I have not been able to find such a
utility for FreeBSD. It is not installed by default &
is not listed in the FreeBSD ports collection. Only
reference was to a utility called snooper but that was
indicated as being for serial ports only. Doing a locate
on my system I found

/usr/include/sys/snoop.h
/usr/libdata/perl/5.00503/mach/sys/snoop.ph
/usr/src/contrib/ipfilter/snoop.h
/usr/src/contrib/libpcap/pcap-snoop.c
/usr/src/sys/kern/tty_snoop.c
/usr/src/sys/sys/snoop.h

Will any of those source files allow me to compile
snoop somehow or access it through some other utility.
Or is there another port & can download? I'm looking
into snort & sniffit but I'm not certain if either of
these are truly comparable. Any suggestions?

-=- RuneImp
ImpTech - Web Design, Hosting & Computer Tech
http://imptech.net
rune@imptech.net

Re: snoop for FreeBSD [ In reply to ]
tcpdump may be what you are looking for.

ct