Mailing List Archive

QSA?
Hi all,

I'm new to this list, so maybe my problem will be rather old for some of
you, but nevertheless:

for the last hours I've been watching a kind of strange behaviour of
apache, resp. mod_rewrite. I'm actually trying to split up an
application that has grown too big onto several servers.
The simple rule that one of them has to follow is:

# Redirect to experto
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} /app/fn/experto
RewriteRule (.*) http://experto.meome-ag.de/$1 [QSA,L,R=permanent]

Looks simple and works well, as long as I make simple requests, such as
'space.gif' or so. But if I append a query string to the filename things
become confusing. Because then Apache reports a 200 in its http_access -
and nothing happens in the rewrite log: nothing! It doesn't even apply
the pattern, it just does nothing but thinking that it should be ok to
give back a 200. So it is impossible for me to redirect certain requests
to the other server.

What's going wrong?

Many thanx in advance
Martin