and the files were then owned by that person. But then, as I've said
before, I'm somewhat clueless when it comes to CVS.

Rich
Re: CVS errors [ In reply to ]
Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:

>There seem to be perms in the CVS tree that are borked. Either that, or
>I'm not set up right in the 2.0 docs tree:
>
>rbowen@rhiannon:~/devel/httpd-docs-2.0$ cvs update -d
>rbowen@locus.apache.org's password:
>cvs server: Updating .
>cvs server: Updating apidoc
>cvs server: failed to create lock directory in repository `/home/cvs/CVSROOT/Emptydir': Permission denied
>cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/home/cvs/CVSROOT/Emptydir'
>cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

I have exactly the same problem and it's preventing me from committing
the docs to go with my NameVirtualHost * change.

Thinks are thoroughly broken in a different way if you check out
apache-2.0 instead of just the docs tree.

I don't have time to investigate further right now.

Tony.
--
en oeccget g mtcaa f.a.n.finch
v spdlkishrhtewe y dot@dotat.at