Mailing List Archive

Unsubscribe" Re: Potential Docs project
----- Original Message -----
From: <rbb@covalent.net>
To: <apache-docs@apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2000 1:31 PM
Subject: Re: Potential Docs project

> > > These are ScanDoc blocks. They way ScanDoc works is that there is a
> > > template perl script, that is filled out to actually generate the HTML
> > > files. It would be really cool if we could make the template file a
bit
> > > cleaner or if it was modified to use DocBook instead of HTML.
> > >
> > > If anybody is interested in working on this with me, please let me
know.

> > Indeed, I would be glad to take this on. Although it sounds like a large
> > task, and I am sure that we could spread the pain around.
>
> Great. I agree, spreading the pain is a good idea. Here are my
> thoughts. First of all, the really painful stuff is done, that would be
> actually writing all of the docs. The only header file not documented is
> buff.h, that is because I hope to remove BUFFs from Apache 2.0 in time.
>
> There are a couple other things that are needed, and they can be done in
> any order and mostly in parallel.
>
> 1) actually review the docs I wrote. The easiest way to do that, is
> download the source tree from CVS, run ./buildconf and then 'make docs'
> This should make all of the doc files. The docs are minimal, and having
> somebody with better writing skills, and better HTML skills would be
> wonderful.
>
> 2) Try to convert the template file to DocBook. The template is a perl
> script that actually writes the docs to separate files. I am going to try
> to figure out DocBook asap, and then I will try to convert the template
> file. as soon as I start the template, I will commit a beginning to the
> tree.
>
> That's all I can think of, but I'm sure there is a lot more to do. If
> somebody else wants to tackle the template file, please feel free. I'm
> unlikely to get to it anytime soon.
>
> Ryan

___

Re: Unsubscribe" Re: Potential Docs project [ In reply to ]
People, please grab a clue.

You subscribed to this list, so you can unsubscribe the same way.
Sending repeated mails to the list only pisses everyone on the list
off and doesn't accomplish a single thing.

If you wish to unsubscribe, send mail to
apache-docs-unsubscribe@apache.org

Seems there has been a rash of "I don't know how to unsubscribe so I'll
keep spewing messages to the list over and over" recently...