Mailing List Archive

Re: Please join apache-user-group@egroups.com
List Manager wrote:

> This is the eGroups.com service.
>
> The moderator of the apache-user-group@egroups.com group
> would like to invite you to join the group. To join,
> YOU MUST REPLY to this message.
>
> If you join, you can read group messages in your e-mail
> in-box or on the Web.
>
> Here is a welcome statement provided by the group moderator:
>
> ------
>
> Apache User Group discusses Apache server administration and configuration topics.
>
> It has been established to help Apache admins make the best of the best Web server in the world!
> ------

Has anyone within this group heard of this? Is it a spammer group?

Just worried!
-Sneex- :]
Bill Jones | 904/632-3089 | http://www.fccj.org/cgi/mail?webmaster
Re: Please join apache-user-group@egroups.com [ In reply to ]
I'm not really sure what this has to do with apache-docs, but I have never
heard of this apache-user-group mailing list and don't see it having any
significance.

If people can use it and can get useful information, thats great for them.
But it isn't any sort of official "users group" at all.

Re: Please join apache-user-group@egroups.com [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I created that user group mailing list on egroups.com. It is not a
"official"
anything. As the author of two Apache books I get a lot of email from
people
asking me questions on and off. I thought I would direct them towards
a group
from now on. I invited you guys since I thought you might be
interested in
a group that plans to discuss Apache issues from a user's prospective.
Anyway,
ignore the requests if you are not interested. It is a brand new group
and has
not traffic yet. There is not much Apache related useful Web site
other than
the official site and the ApacheWeek site. I am hoping to create some
Apache
resources for people out there who are looking for help.

Thanks.

Kabir

--
Phone: (916) 649-9626
Fax: (916) 649-0209
Re: Please join apache-user-group@egroups.com [ In reply to ]
I didn't receive the message, but what I find odd is that
'you can only join if you're invited' bit. Kabir, I might
join if I didn't have to be invited; any forum for Apache
support is a goodness AFAIC.

> > > The moderator of the apache-user-group@egroups.com group
> > > would like to invite you to join the group. To join,
> > > YOU MUST REPLY to this message.

#ken P-)}

Ken Coar <http://Web.Golux.Com/coar/>
Apache Group member <http://www.apache.org/>
Re: Please join apache-user-group@egroups.com [ In reply to ]

RE: Please join apache-user-group@egroups.com [ In reply to ]
Marlon Nacario
Research & Development Dept.
Ericsson Communications Ltd.
12 Wakefield St., Onekawa
Napier, NZ
Phone No. (64) 6 8310200 EXT 6873
Direct Line: (64) 6 8310273

Re: Please join apache-user-group@egroups.com [ In reply to ]
Nope.

Anyone may join or post in the group. Invitations are optional. Go to

http://www.egroups.com/list/apache-user-group/

and you will see that its open to anyone.

Thank you.

Kabir

Re: Please join apache-user-group@egroups.com [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> I didn't receive the message, but what I find odd is that
> 'you can only join if you're invited' bit. Kabir, I might
> join if I didn't have to be invited; any forum for Apache
> support is a goodness AFAIC.

Sure, but there are already a few Apache mailing lists, plus the
recommended and well used Usenet newsgroups.