Mailing List Archive

1.0.0, mSQL and other modules
I finally had the time to build and test the 1.0.0.x
server extensively. My compliments, compiles out of
the box and works perfect. 5 brownie points for that
manual as well !

I also had the time to get migrate our stuff into it.

I've uploaded into

ftp://ftp.hyperreal.com/apache/incoming/ewse.tar.gz

Three modules. They have been fairly well field tested on
a server with a serious load.

mSQL - Support of mSQL databases for user/group
authentification

map - URI level remapping, to map the '', '/' and '/.'
uri's to something like /free_access/home.html
and to do renames on URI level.
This is essential under some security schemes.
Examples:

Mother /free/home.html
Rename /some.gif /free/some.gif

ano - Allow anonymous+email log in

meta - Implements a 'META' http command, works in much
the same way as get, however it picks up a file
called 'blah.meta' rather than blah.html *or*
strips out a header from blah.html which does
not get send when you do a GET.

Feel free to abuse. Comment/feedback *much* appreciated. If there
is a marked for the mSQL, I have a small internal tutorial and some perl
scripts which I might be allowed to make public.

But again, my compliments for the excelent product.

Dw.