From: Ben Laurie <ben@algroup.co.uk>
Subject: Support SCO OpenServer Release 5
Affects: Configuration conf.h
Changelog: Add support for SCO OpenServer Release 5

*** ../../apache_1.0.0/src/Configuration Sun Nov 19 23:22:48 1995
--- ./Configuration Thu Nov 23 16:40:55 1995
***************
*** 74,86 ****
# For A/UX
#AUX_CFLAGS= -DAUX -D_POSIX_SOURCE
#AUX_LIBS= -lposix -lbsd -s
# libcrypt_i available from sosco.sco.com, files /SLS/lng225b.Z and
# /SLS/lng225b.ltr.Z
# the -Oe option causes cc to die compiling mod_imap (using 3.0.0a of the dev
sys)
#CFLAGS= -Oacgiltz
#AUX_CFLAGS= -DSCO
#AUX_LIBS= -lPW -lsocket -lmalloc -lcrypt_i
# For SVR4
#AUX_CFLAGS= -DSVR4
#AUX_LIBS= -lsocket -lnsl -lc
--- 74,89 ----
# For A/UX
#AUX_CFLAGS= -DAUX -D_POSIX_SOURCE
#AUX_LIBS= -lposix -lbsd -s
# libcrypt_i available from sosco.sco.com, files /SLS/lng225b.Z and
# /SLS/lng225b.ltr.Z
# the -Oe option causes cc to die compiling mod_imap (using 3.0.0a of the dev
sys)
#CFLAGS= -Oacgiltz
#AUX_CFLAGS= -DSCO
#AUX_LIBS= -lPW -lsocket -lmalloc -lcrypt_i
+ # For SCO OpenServer Release 5
+ #AUX_CFLAGS= -DSCO5
+ #AUX_LIBS=-lsocket -lmalloc
# For SVR4
#AUX_CFLAGS= -DSVR4
#AUX_LIBS= -lsocket -lnsl -lc
*** ../../apache_1.0.0/src/conf.h Fri Nov 17 21:33:13 1995
--- ./conf.h Thu Nov 23 16:33:15 1995
***************
*** 189,194 ****
--- 189,199 ----
#define SIGURG SIGUSR1 /* but note, this signal will be sent to a process grou
p if enabled (for OOB data). It is not currently enabled. */
#define getwd(d) getcwd(d,MAX_STRING_LEN)

+ #elif defined(SCO5)
+
+ #define JMP_BUF sigjmp_buf
+ #define SIGURG SIGUSR1
+
#elif defined(CONVEXOS)
#define HAS_GMTOFF
#define NEED_STRDUP

Could someone upload this to patches, incorporate it into a new build of 1.0.0
or whatever? As mentioned before I seem to have no chance of FTP access today.

Sorry about the bad timing, but I only got SCO 5 up this week. I'm going to
switch our Webserver over to SCO 5/Apache (we currently run SCO 3/Cern
<blush>).

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435
Freelance Consultant Fax: +44 (181) 994 6472
Re: Version confustion and some patches [ In reply to ]

> What they hey, I'm on the net for the moment; it's a lousy connection,
> but it's good enough to incorporate the SCO 5 stuff and Mark's requested
> change log correction. Revised apache_one_x coming up shortly.

Will it have a revised version number? Please?

Re: Version confustion and some patches [ In reply to ]

Re: Version confustion and some patches [ In reply to ]
OK, revised apache_one_x is on hyperreal, in httpd/dist. The changes are
the correction to the imagemap change log entry, and Ben's changes for SCO 5
(which *only* affect SCO 5 --- they are new Configuration and conf.h entries
which are commented or #ifdef'ed out on other systems).

I've removed the apache_one.tar* files, since no one seems to want them
anyway.

rst

PS to Ben --- your mailer wraps long lines, which broke the patch. I believe
I corrected the damage, but it wouldn't hurt to double check when you have
the chance. (Somehow I wouldn't expect U.S. Thanksgiving to be a bad day
on the net, but you never know...).

Off to lunch...