and Technical Director Email: ben@algroup.co.uk
A.L. Digital Ltd,
London, England.
Re: Apache logo [ In reply to ]
Does that mean I'll also have to do a Hack Apache t-shirt? ;-)
(a Hack Apache t-shirt would be boring actually because there is no
corporation to make fun of, etc.)
(A t-shirt would be quite cool.)

--
sameer Voice: 510-601-9777
Community ConneXion FAX: 510-601-9734
Re: Apache logo [ In reply to ]
> Does that mean I'll also have to do a Hack Apache t-shirt? ;-)
> (a Hack Apache t-shirt would be boring actually because there is no
> corporation to make fun of, etc.)
> (A t-shirt would be quite cool.)

If anyone does create a T-shirt, don't try to sell it. The Apache
name is not yours (or ours) to sell... it could get someone sued.

rob
Re: Apache logo [ In reply to ]

> > Does that mean I'll also have to do a Hack Apache t-shirt? ;-)
> > (a Hack Apache t-shirt would be boring actually because there is no
> > corporation to make fun of, etc.)
> > (A t-shirt would be quite cool.)
>
> If anyone does create a T-shirt, don't try to sell it. The Apache
> name is not yours (or ours) to sell... it could get someone sued.

Like who? If it's not ours, and no one else has used it, there is no one
to sued. I don't think so anyway. I can check my D&B thingy here...

<Aram>
--
#define BITCOUNT(x) (((BX_(x)+(BX_(x)>>4)) & 0x0F0F0F0F) % 255)
#define BX_(x) ((x) - (((x)>>1)&0x77777777) \

-- really weird C code to count the number of bits in a word
Aram Mirzadeh http://www.qosina.com/~awm/
awm@qosina.com awm@hyperreal.com
Re: Apache logo [ In reply to ]
> > If anyone does create a T-shirt, don't try to sell it. The Apache
> > name is not yours (or ours) to sell... it could get someone sued.
> >

> Like who? If it's not ours, and no one else has used it, there is no one
> to sued. I don't think so anyway. I can check my D&B thingy here...

Like the Apache indians.

If people start walking around with T-shirst with giant feathers
and the word Apache on them, people won't associate it with an
interent thing.

I won't argue, but I think it would be in poor taste to put the logo
on a T-shirt.

rob
Re: Apache logo [ In reply to ]
At 03:24 PM 11/16/95 MST, you wrote:

>Like the Apache indians.
>
>If people start walking around with T-shirst with giant feathers
>and the word Apache on them, people won't associate it with an
>interent thing.

Ahhh forgot about them.. I also asked the comtroller of the company
he's got a law degree from somewhere, or another... he first answer
on getting registered was $250 for a search by a lawyer, and $650
for opponion letter. As well as another $250.00 for the USPTO to
register the stupid thing. Oh well.

Re: Apache logo [ In reply to ]
> Peeps,
>
> Who did the lovely Apache logos? Would they (or anyone else) mind if I adapted
> them for Apache-SSL? Are there hi-res versions available? Or vector versions?

Myself and my partner Cindy Johnston created the originals. I might
be able to provide a higher res version for you if you need. Format
of your choice.

Had actually been thinking that it needed a little improvement...

> I was also vaguely contemplating a T-shirt - it would look soooo nice.

Sounds great.