Mailing List Archive

[comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix] Browser Detection Solution!!! (No more "Netscape Only" problems)
From c.i.w.s.u

From: Jeremie Miller <jmiller@mwci.net>
Subject: Browser Detection Solution!!! (No more "Netscape Only" problems)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html,comp.infosystems.www.authoring.misc,comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi,comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix,comp.infosystems.www.servers.misc
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 1995 17:49:10 -0600

I have modified parts of Apache's server code to allow it to detect which
browser is requesting a directory, and return a different index file based
on which browser it is. It uses a new .htaccess option called
"DirectoryDetectIndex" which takes two arguments, the index filename, and a
substring of the browser which that index file should be served to. This
patch is currently a drop in replacement for the mod_dir.c file in the
Apache 0.8.16 release. I cannot guarentee that it will work for everyone.

Questions/Comments should be directed to the
comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix newsgroup.

Files available at:
http://www.jeremie.com/projects/apache

Jeremie Miller