Date: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 15:09:04 -0800
From: Jim Petersen <jimp@hotwired.com>
To: hoteng-chat@get.wired.com
Cc: brian@organic.com, cliff@organic.com
Subject: Interesting quote

COMPUTER WEEKLY
Sutton, Surrey, England
Sep 14, 1995

"During August, the number of servers using Web software from the US firm
Netscape rose from 769 to 1,020 and sites using the Apache server program,
DEVELOPED BY THE MAGAZINE WIRED in collaboration with the academic
community, increased from 658 to 965." [emphasis mine]
Re: Interesting quote (fwd) [ In reply to ]

> We may wish to send a note to this magazine and correct this error.
> Anyone know anyone at computer weekly?
>
> Cliff

I've given them a ring, they are supposed to be ringing me back :-)

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435
Freelance Consultant Fax: +44 (181) 994 6472
Re: Interesting quote (fwd) [ In reply to ]

> > We may wish to send a note to this magazine and correct this error.
> > Anyone know anyone at computer weekly?
>
> Yes. The quote is in a 2column/2inch press release that was *mauled* by
> the CW hacks. CW have since been chastised, as has my boss. ;)

Ooops, well, they've just been chastised again!

> the quote
> is in association with the webserver survey my other company runs every
> month. The new survey is out tomorrow and the results are frankly unnerving.

Don't we get a sneak preview?

Re: Interesting quote (fwd) [ In reply to ]
> We may wish to send a note to this magazine and correct this error.
> Anyone know anyone at computer weekly?

Yes. The quote is in a 2column/2inch press release that was *mauled* by
the CW hacks. CW have since been chastised, as has my boss. ;) the quote

Re: Interesting quote (fwd) [ In reply to ]
> The new survey is out tomorrow and the results are frankly unnerving.
>
> Don't we get a sneak preview?

Mmm, nope, not to the list ;)

> Ben Laurie

Cheers,