If anyone else wants to stake a claim to the documentation, then let me know
by 5pm BST.

David.
Re: Apache documentation [ In reply to ]
Hmmm... documentation has been a group effort in the past... I'm not
sure I'm comfortable with this. FYI, today is a holiday in the states
so the Americans are less likely than usual to log in and review it in
the morning. And it is *very* early morning for some of us --- 5 PM
BST is something like 10:00 AM on the American west coast. I'd ask you
to at least push back the deadline.

rst
Re: Apache documentation [ In reply to ]

> Hmmm... documentation has been a group effort in the past... I'm not
> sure I'm comfortable with this.

All he's asking is that we leave it alone while he changes it. We can apply
our own patches afterwards (or not vote in his patches). Reasonable enough,
IMO.

--
Ben Laurie Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435
Freelance Consultant Fax: +44 (181) 994 6472
Re: Apache documentation [ In reply to ]
All he's asking is that we leave it alone while he changes it. We can apply
our own patches afterwards (or not vote in his patches). Reasonable enough,

I was reacting mostly back to the deadline... with the group spread across
12 hours worth of time zones, I generally wait at least 24 hours when asking
for comments on anything, and more if it's a holiday (like today in the
States), when people who have an interest may not log in at all.

rst
Re: Apache documentation [ In reply to ]
>Hmmm... documentation has been a group effort in the past... I'm not
>sure I'm comfortable with this...

Or a group non-effort... The access.conf docs still say 'under construction'.
Hopefully it wouldn't take me too long to update the files to my satisfaction;
after I've copied them back to hyperreal, they would again be there for anyone
else to update.

Anyone else who'd rather do this, speak up before 5pm BST on Tuesday.

David.
Re: Apache documentation [ In reply to ]
> In my opinion, the documentation is not good enough for a 1.0 release.
> I don't mind updating it, with the single condition that nobody else
> updates the documentation whilst I do.
>
> If anyone else wants to stake a claim to the documentation, then let me know
> by 5pm BST.

go for it. If you screw it up, we can always call you names :-)
Re: Apache documentation [ In reply to ]
> FYI, today is a holiday in the states
> so the Americans are less likely than usual to log in and review it in
> the morning.

Some of us non-Americans are on holiday too :-)

Columbus Day... when all good American lie in bed and be grateful that
Columbus wasn't a woman who would have asked for directions to India.