03 was withdrawn, 08 is documentation only ( copyright stuff )

48 hours for the votes deadline... get it in fast, get it in clean.

<Aram>
Re: votes [ In reply to ]
> Since no one else has steped forward to take the votes, I'll do it again
> if no one has any objections.

I was thinking of volunteering on the understanding that the vote session
would be about 2 weeks, and the result would be Apache 1.0

If people prefer that option, speak now.

> 48 hours for the votes deadline... get it in fast, get it in clean.

:-|
Re: votes [ In reply to ]
> Since no one else has steped forward to take the votes, I'll do it again
> if no one has any objections.
>
> Right now we have the following patches:
>
> 01_http_config.0.8.14.patch
> 02_DBMGroupCoreFix.0.8.14.patch

I have two problems with this one. One is I don't understand what it is
supposed to do, and the other is that it doesn't fix (or generate) the
accompanying documentation, which, in my view anyway, should be a requirement
for any functionality change.

> 04a_ExtraPath.0.8.14.patch
> 05_NoKill.0.8.14.patch
> 06_SCODocFix.0.8.14.patch
> 07_SocketMemLeak.0.8.14.patch
> 08_license.0.8.14.patch
> 09_HP_comment.0.8.14.patch
> 10_mutual-failure.0.8.14.patch
> 11_fd_removal.0.8.14.patch

And this one looks a little rash. One must assume that there is a version
of Linux which requires these defines.

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435
Freelance Consultant Fax: +44 (181) 994 6472
Re: votes [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 27 Sep 1995, Ben Laurie wrote:
> > 02_DBMGroupCoreFix.0.8.14.patch
>
> I have two problems with this one. One is I don't understand what it is
> supposed to do, and the other is that it doesn't fix (or generate) the
> accompanying documentation, which, in my view anyway, should be a requirement
> for any functionality change.

It fixes a core dump bug sent to apache-bugs. There is no
documentation for the use of DBM group files anyway. This patch doesn't
alter any existing functionality.

Mark
Mark J Cox, mark@telescope.org -- URL:http://www.telescope.org/mark.html
University of Bradford, England ---------- tel +44.1274.384070/fax 391333