P.S. My patch does do something... it does something very important.
It get's 3 females off of my back about the stupid (.) being the wrong
spot!!!!
Re: 0.8.14 /patches [ In reply to ]

> Whose the coordinator for 0.8.14?
> Patch 04 doesn't work.
> Patch 08 has problems, as well as being made in the
> wrong directory.

What is wrong with 08? As for the "wrong directory".
What is the "right directory". I am patching files
that resided in several places under apache_0.8.14.
The root of this patch is apache_0.8.14.
Re: 0.8.14 /patches [ In reply to ]
>Whose the coordinator for 0.8.14?

Nobody has called for a vote yet. I can't because I'm flying back to
California on Friday and need to perform a few miracles before then.

Any volunteers?

>P.S. My patch does do something... it does something very important.
>It get's 3 females off of my back about the stupid (.) being the wrong
>spot!!!!

Strange -- I'd call that a feature!

.....Roy
Re: 0.8.14 /patches [ In reply to ]

> Whose the coordinator for 0.8.14?
> Patch 04 doesn't work.

What do you mean? It worked for me. Be more specific.

--
Ben Laurie Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435
Freelance Consultant Fax: +44 (181) 994 6472

[.Note for the paranoid: "fear" as in "Fear and Loathing
in Las Vegas", "demon" as in Demon Internet Services, a
commercial Internet access provider.]
Re: 0.8.14 /patches [ In reply to ]
Re: 0.8.14 /patches [ In reply to ]
At 08:09 PM 9/25/95 -0500, you wrote:

>> Whose the coordinator for 0.8.14?
>> Patch 04 doesn't work.
>> Patch 08 has problems, as well as being made in the
>> wrong directory.
>
>What is wrong with 08? As for the "wrong directory".
>What is the "right directory". I am patching files
>that resided in several places under apache_0.8.14.
>The root of this patch is apache_0.8.14.

If you apply it to a clean 0.8.13 two -R files come up. You can hit enter to
go past them, but it's not a clean patch. And the directory I thought has to
start in src? That's not a big deal though.

<Aram>
Re: 0.8.14 /patches [ In reply to ]
At 09:17 AM 9/26/95 +0100, you wrote:

>> Whose the coordinator for 0.8.14?
>> Patch 04 doesn't work.
>
>What do you mean? It worked for me. Be more specific.

luers [45] [10:07am] [/pub/c/apache_0.8.14/src]#patch -s <
../patches/04_ExtraPath.0.8.14.patch
patch: **** malformed patch at line 24: fo,NULL), r);

This is a patch to a virgin 0.8.13 + p1 + p2.

<Aram>
Re: 0.8.14 /patches [ In reply to ]

> At 09:17 AM 9/26/95 +0100, you wrote:
> >>

> >> Whose the coordinator for 0.8.14?
> >> Patch 04 doesn't work.
> >
> >What do you mean? It worked for me. Be more specific.
> >

> luers [45] [10:07am] [/pub/c/apache_0.8.14/src]#patch -s <
> ../patches/04_ExtraPath.0.8.14.patch
> patch: **** malformed patch at line 24: fo,NULL), r);

Ooops ... seems a last-minute edit introduced a spurious newline. It would
be nice if someone could simply edit it out (its pretty obvious, the line
"fo,NULL), r);" should join to the previous line). This saves me several
painful ftp hops (to get past our firewall). If noone wants to do that, I'll
upload a new version.

Cheers,

Ben.

Re: 0.8.14 /patches [ In reply to ]

> > > ../patches/04_ExtraPath.0.8.14.patch
> > > patch: **** malformed patch at line 24: fo,NULL), r);
> >
> > Ooops ... seems a last-minute edit introduced a spurious newline. It would
> > be nice if someone could simply edit it out (its pretty obvious, the line
> > "fo,NULL), r);" should join to the previous line). This saves me several
> > painful ftp hops (to get past our firewall). If noone wants to do that, I'll
> > upload a new version.
>
> The patch *must* be replaced with a 04a version.
>
> Any and all changes to the diff part of the patchfile require a new
> patch. This prevents confusion between different versions having the
> exact same filename and different people having the different versions.

Absolutely. I was just hoping that someone with access to the server would
copy the patch to 04a and make the change. Sorry, I wasn't being clear.

Cheers,

Ben.

Re: 0.8.14 /patches [ In reply to ]

Re: 0.8.14 /patches [ In reply to ]