OS2 Apache please?

Cheers,
Ay.
Re: The OS2 version... [ In reply to ]
> Check out the URL below.
>

> Garey Smiley
> SoftLink Services
> garey@slink.com
> http://www.slink.com/
> (216)848-1312 FAX/Data(216)699-4474

I can barely read a word on that page with the backdrop you have.

The text melts into the background :-(
Re: The OS2 version... [ In reply to ]
> On Mon, 25 Sep 95 10:56:19 MDT you wrote:
>
> >> http://www.slink.com/
> >
> >I can barely read a word on that page with the backdrop you have.
> >
> >The text melts into the background :-(
> >

> It looked good on my end, but its removed now.

much better.

The only backfire^H^H^H^H^H^Hbackdrop I've seen that works is plain
white. And that gives me snowblindness after prolonged use.
Re: The OS2 version... [ In reply to ]

Re: The OS2 version... [ In reply to ]

Re: The OS2 version... [ In reply to ]
Rob Hartill writes:
> I can barely read a word on that page with the backdrop you have.
>
> The text melts into the background :-(

That is why sane people don't use Netscape and those that must
set the following X resources:

*blinkingEnabled: False
*linkForeground: #XXXXXX PUT YOUR FAVORITES HERE
*vlinkForeground: #XXXXXX PUT YOUR FAVORITES HERE
*alinkForeground: #FF0000
*documentColorsHavePriority: False

:-)
Re: The OS2 version... [ In reply to ]
> Rob Hartill writes:
> > I can barely read a word on that page with the backdrop you have.
> >
> > The text melts into the background :-(
>
> That is why sane people don't use Netscape and those that must
> set the following X resources:
>
> *blinkingEnabled: False
> *linkForeground: #XXXXXX PUT YOUR FAVORITES HERE
> *vlinkForeground: #XXXXXX PUT YOUR FAVORITES HERE
> *alinkForeground: #FF0000
> *documentColorsHavePriority: False
>
> :-)

However, all those funky netscape-isms provide a useful filter criteria
for net-surfing. If the first page screams at me, I usually give up
and save myself a wasted journey through content-free pages.

...if the first page looks like vomit, the rest of the site usually
smells of it.

I hope that offends someone ;-)

rob
Re: The OS2 version... [ In reply to ]

> > >I can barely read a word on that page with the backdrop you have.
> > >
> > >The text melts into the background :-(
> > >

> > It looked good on my end, but its removed now.
>
> much better.
>
> The only backfire^H^H^H^H^H^Hbackdrop I've seen that works is plain
> white. And that gives me snowblindness after prolonged use.

Perhaps we should negotiate content based upon the user's level of visual
impairment :-)

--
Ben Laurie Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435
Freelance Consultant Fax: +44 (181) 994 6472

[.Note for the paranoid: "fear" as in "Fear and Loathing
in Las Vegas", "demon" as in Demon Internet Services, a
commercial Internet access provider.]
Re: The OS2 version... [ In reply to ]
Perhaps we should negotiate content based upon the user's level of visual
impairment :-)

Hmmm... do you read the HTTP-WG list? Some people are talking about this;
I'm not sure they're joking.

rst