the local mail as well.

Thanx.
<Aram>
Re: sendmail [ In reply to ]

> Does anyone know how to setup sendmail to send the mail for a
> virtual host to a user on the real host?
>
> *@virtual.com -> root@real.com
>
> I tried the following, but it didn't work exactly the way I wanted:
>
> R$*<@$*>$* $#snmp $@$2 $:$1<$2>$3 root@real.com
>
> This was placed after the local delivery, but I still got a copy of all
> the local mail as well.

I'm being rather terse since Netcraft sells virtual hosting services
that are far more comprehensive than just web servers or even
sendmail. Our virtual hosting environments *are* real hosts. It's
just like being on a completely separate machine, you can login in
to our virtual hosts and administer it yourselves and mail, for
instance, isn't forwarded from a virtual host to real host, as far
as the world is concerned it really does go to and from a real
host. Anyway, enough of the advertising :-) I'll point you in a
direction that should help....

Don't touch the sendmail rules themselves unless you're a masochist :-)
Read all the documentation on sendmail, it has features that
allow you to accept mail for more than one host and do various
things with it. If you're not a sendmail expert though then find
someone who is. There's more to consider than just redirecting the
mail, you need to consider what the resulting mail headers say so
that replies and so forth work.

The documentation to read is the README that comes with the sendmail
sources, look up mailertables. You're running Linux? If you're running
SunOS then the above might not be possible and sendmail rules is you're
only option after all.

--
Paul Richards, Netcraft Ltd.
Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1225 447500 (work)