[.Note for the paranoid: "fear" as in "Fear and Loathing
in Las Vegas", "demon" as in Demon Internet Services, a
commercial Internet access provider.]
Re: Documentation bug [ In reply to ]
+1 no problem with that... we have to start working on that stuff
anyway don't we?

Re: Documentation bug [ In reply to ]

> > Why don't we include the conf directory as a candidate for patches? That's
> > why I did my last patch from the root instead of src/.
>
> Can't you do it all from src using diff ../conf or whatever ?
> It's been done before.

Of course I can, I thought it wasn't allowed, though. If it is, I will.

> Making src the default for patches seems to make life much easier.

Whatever you prefer.

Re: Documentation bug [ In reply to ]
> Why don't we include the conf directory as a candidate for patches? That's
> why I did my last patch from the root instead of src/.

Can't you do it all from src using diff ../conf or whatever ?
It's been done before.

Making src the default for patches seems to make life much easier.

rob
Re: Documentation bug [ In reply to ]

> > > Why don't we include the conf directory as a candidate for patches? That's
> > > why I did my last patch from the root instead of src/.
> >
> > Can't you do it all from src using diff ../conf or whatever ?
> > It's been done before.
>
> Of course I can, I thought it wasn't allowed, though. If it is, I will.
>
> > Making src the default for patches seems to make life much easier.
>
> Whatever you prefer.

Hmm, I think patches from the apache root rather than src is a better
idea since I've a new htpasswd program which I'll pass on sometime soon
(need to remove some BSD specific code to make it portable) and I'd expect
that Apache would then start to become more of a package rather than
just the server and people would want to patch other bits of it.

--
Paul Richards, Netcraft Ltd.
Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1225 447500 (work)