Mailing List Archive

Actual patch for Cliff's bug...
For those who may wish to try it out, here it is. NB, in my view, this
is almost certainly not the particular Solaris problem we've been getting
rafts of reports about --- in that one, the server either never starts up,
or does start up but fails to accept connections. Both these symptoms can
be explained by the locking problem for which we now have a fix in hand
(which has been confirmed by a real Solaris user to at least fix *his*
problems). Also, I haven't seen any reports of high load averages.

Anyway, here's the patch...

*** http_protocol.c Sat Aug 19 11:20:24 1995
--- ../http_protocol.c Sat Aug 19 11:27:32 1995
***************
*** 545,551 ****
total_bytes_sent = 0;
while (!r->connection->aborted) {
while ((n= fread(buf, sizeof(char), IOBUFSIZE, f)) < 1
! && errno == EINTR)
continue;

if (n < 1) {
--- 545,551 ----
total_bytes_sent = 0;
while (!r->connection->aborted) {
while ((n= fread(buf, sizeof(char), IOBUFSIZE, f)) < 1
! && ferror(f) && errno == EINTR)
continue;

if (n < 1) {