Looks suspiciously like our Alias/ScriptAlias problem. Maybe an
ugly fix is better than no fix for the time being ?

rob
Re: Alias problem [ In reply to ]
Doesn't 0.8.9 and 10 fix the problem with the ordering, such that this
should be fixed? Someone should mail webmaster@cid.com and tell them to
grab 0.8.10 and try it out.

Brian

brian@organic.com brian@hyperreal.com http://www.[hyperreal,organic].com/
Re: Alias problem [ In reply to ]
> No, 0.8.9 (and 0.8.10) reorders Redirect and Alias, but does nothing
> about ScriptAlias.

Another alternative to my earlier Alias idea..

Have a module to translate Alias/Redirect/ScriptAlias at a very early
stage, then mark the connection has having had A/R/S applied to it, so
the Redirect code can just look at a flag to decide whether to redirect,
likewise for scripts.

I haven't delved deep enough into the code to see if there's a fundamental
problem with that idea, but it sounds feasible and far more flexible
than having different modules check for different types of Alias. It
should also be easy to then add new types of alias, e.g.

NoChecksAlias /icons/ /usr/local/httpd/icons/

where no .htaccess files are examined on route to this directory... go
straight to it and start from there.

rob
--
http://nqcd.lanl.gov/~hartill/
Re: Alias problem [ In reply to ]
> Rob, you're right that the simplest thing by far is to have one module to
> do all of Alias/Redirect/ScriptAlias. That is what I will be writing up
> tomorrow.
>
> The only subtlety is that mod_cgi needs to know that a particular URL
> got ScriptAliased (so that it doesn't do the ExecCGI check).

So let's make it a general flag which indicates an alias type, so that
any module can look to see if any kind of URL->file mapping has been
performed. People will then be able to add new alias mechanisms as well
as plug in modules.

rob
Re: Alias problem [ In reply to ]
No, 0.8.9 (and 0.8.10) reorders Redirect and Alias, but does nothing
about ScriptAlias.

rst
Re: Alias problem [ In reply to ]
Rob, you're right that the simplest thing by far is to have one module to
do all of Alias/Redirect/ScriptAlias. That is what I will be writing up
tomorrow.

The only subtlety is that mod_cgi needs to know that a particular URL
got ScriptAliased (so that it doesn't do the ExecCGI check). That's
the only reason that ScriptAlias is in the CGI module as it is...
the trick to doing this is leaving that note *without* having one
module call code in the other directly, presumably by leaving some
kind of note in a spot in the request_rec where both modules can get
at it.

rst