Mailing List Archive

Cleaner AllowOverride patch...
Here's the essential bit from David's earlier patch. I've tried this on
its own, and it does appear to work (and to not disturb <Directory> entries
and .htaccess file processing elsewhere on my setup). It also makes it
much clearer exactly what has changed.

*** http_request.c~ Tue Aug 1 01:45:30 1995
--- http_request.c Thu Aug 17 11:57:26 1995
***************
*** 232,237 ****
--- 232,252 ----
this_conf = entry_config;
}

+ /* To determine whether .htaccess files are enabled, we need
+ * to merge the parent config and any matching per-directory entry
+ * in the config file.
+ */
+
+ overrides_here = core_dir->override;
+ if (this_conf)
+ { /* just merge the override part */
+ core_dir = (core_dir_config *)
+ get_module_config(this_conf, &core_module);
+ if (core_dir->override != OR_UNSET)
+ overrides_here = core_dir->override;
+ }
+
+
/* If .htaccess files are enabled, check for one. Note that if the
* same thing is set in a .htaccess file and access.conf, the latter
* takes precedence --- if something is in the config files, for a