AddAltByEncoding. I'll see if I can find out why.

Brian

brian@organic.com brian@hyperreal.com http://www.[hyperreal,organic].com/
Re: FancyIndexing bugs.. [ In reply to ]
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 1995 18:08:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Behlendorf <brian@organic.com>

1) With "FancyIndexing On" set, the arguments to "IndexOptions" are
ignored. We should set as the default in the conf files
"IndexOptions FancyIndexing" and deprecate the "FancyIndexing"
directive.

Hmmm... I *think* we're being bug-compatible here, but I could easily
stomach incompatbility for this particular case.

2) "AddDescription" doesn't seem to be working when I put a line for it
in srm.conf, and when I put it in an .htaccess file I get a

access to /full/path/.htaccess failed for
fully.organic.com, reason: AddDescription not allowed here

even with every option to AllowOverride I know of to be set (Options
FileInfo AuthConfig Limit).

You forgot "AllowOverride Indexes"; AllowOverride All sets this as
well.

rst
Re: FancyIndexing bugs.. [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 13 Aug 1995, Robert S. Thau wrote, quoting me:
> 2) "AddDescription" doesn't seem to be working when I put a line for it
> in srm.conf, and when I put it in an .htaccess file I get a
>
> access to /full/path/.htaccess failed for
> fully.organic.com, reason: AddDescription not allowed here
>
> even with every option to AllowOverride I know of to be set (Options
> FileInfo AuthConfig Limit).
>
> You forgot "AllowOverride Indexes"; AllowOverride All sets this as
> well.

I get "configuration error" using AllowOverride All, but adding Indexes
does allow those traits in .htaccess files. Anyways, even after that,
AddDescription and none of the AddAlts in .htaccess files work. In fact,
they don't work when called from srm.conf, either - the only way I could
get something to appear in the FancyIndex of a directory is by turning
ScanHTMLtitles on.

I saw in CHANGES:
AddIcon and AddAlt commands work properly [Rob Hartill]

What am I doing wrong? Does this work for others?