a Redirect declared for the *exact same directory*. Even *my*
compatibility fetish wouldn't motivate me to fix this if the fix
required any effort, but it doesn't, so what the hey.

*) Fixed to properly default several server_rec fields for virtual
servers from the corresponding fields in the main server_rec.
[Cliff Skolnick --- 'port' was a particular irritant].

*) No longer kills off nph- child processes before they are
finished sending output. [Matthew Gray]
Re: New Shambhala spin [just bugfixes] [ In reply to ]
Rob T writes,

> *) Reordered modules in modules.c so that Redirect takes priority
> over ScriptAlias, for NCSA bug-compatibility [Rob Hartill] ---
> believe it or not, he has an actual site with a ScriptAlias and
> a Redirect declared for the *exact same directory*. Even *my*
> compatibility fetish wouldn't motivate me to fix this if the fix
> required any effort, but it doesn't, so what the hey.

The sys-admin at Cardiff wanted to redirect lots of resources to
another server. He added Redirect, and it worked as expected. I can't
see why this strikes you as being so strange or unusual. It sounds like
a perfectly reasonable thing to want to do, and expect to work.

People wanting temporary redirects will probably do this all the time.
Why force people to comment out the aliases ? it just makes it a
potential trap for unsuspecting webamasters when they decide to remove
the Redirect but forget to uncomment the Alias.

rob
--
http://nqcd.lanl.gov/~hartill/