Mailing List Archive

Feature re-request for imagemap [Roy Fielding <fielding@beach.w3.org>] (fwd)
---------- Forwarded message ----------
To: new-httpd@hyperreal.com
Subject: Feature re-request for imagemap
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 14:15:30 -0400
From: Roy Fielding <fielding@beach.w3.org>

I know this seems unrelated, but I was just asked a related question
in personal mail.

The original imagemap design (by Tony Sanders) called for an HTML
menu to be produced if the imagemapped URL was requested with no
query info. This was intended to allow text-only clients (and,
in my case, spiders) to see the possible destinations of an ISMAP.
Unfortunately, the version written for NCSA httpd ignored that.

Would it be possible to implement that in Apache's imagemap? (Brian?)
I'd do it myself, but I won't have time for it until September (*sigh*).

....Roy T. Fielding Department of ICS, University of California, Irvine USA
Visiting Scholar, MIT/LCS + World-Wide Web Consortium
(fielding@w3.org) (fielding@ics.uci.edu)
Re: Feature re-request for imagemap [Roy Fielding <fielding@beach.w3.org>] (fwd) [ In reply to ]
> The original imagemap design (by Tony Sanders) called for an HTML
> menu to be produced if the imagemapped URL was requested with no
> query info. This was intended to allow text-only clients (and,
> in my case, spiders) to see the possible destinations of an ISMAP.
> Unfortunately, the version written for NCSA httpd ignored that.
>
> Would it be possible to implement that in Apache's imagemap? (Brian?)
> I'd do it myself, but I won't have time for it until September (*sigh*).

I'll see if I can pull this off when I sit down with this code
tomorrow. Are we still on target for the originally suggested
release date? (one more week?)