Mailing List Archive

Rob's HP-UX problems...
Oooooooooops... this fixes it here (with this, and a replacement
userdir module to accomodate local conventions, it runs fine on the HP
webserver downstairs).

(An observation --- I had much better luck compiling with 'gcc' for
debugging than compiling with 'c89'. It's possible that the people
downstairs just hasn't paid the extra dough which the man page claims
is required to get a vendor compiler with a working -g option, but
there could also be some fight over stabs formats going on between the
GNU suite and the vendor stuff...).

Unfortunately, because of this, I didn't get to all the stuff I had
planned. At least there's an alternative to the hard timeouts in TNR.
Sigh...

rst

*** http_main.c~ Tue Jul 4 14:04:19 1995
--- http_main.c Sun Jul 9 18:22:28 1995
***************
*** 450,456 ****

accept_mutex_on(); /* Lock around "accept", if necessary */

! while ((csd=accept(sd,(struct sockaddr *)&sa_client,&clen)) == -1)
if (errno != EINTR)
log_error("socket error: accept failed", server_conf);

Re: Rob's HP-UX problems... [ In reply to ]
> Oooooooooops... this fixes it here

here too.

> (with this, and a replacement
> userdir module to accomodate local conventions, it runs fine on the HP
> webserver downstairs).
>
> (An observation --- I had much better luck compiling with 'gcc' for
> debugging than compiling with 'c89'. It's possible that the people
> downstairs just hasn't paid the extra dough which the man page claims
> is required to get a vendor compiler with a working -g option, but
> there could also be some fight over stabs formats going on between the
> GNU suite and the vendor stuff...).

We recently forked out $1400 (minus the 90% academic discount :-) to
install the compiler properly.
The HP compiler produces smaller binaries.

However, someone recently said to me, "gdb doesn't work properly
on the HP", so there's that possibility too.

-=-=
There be snow in them there hills... well it resembles ice more than
snow, but even in Southern parts of Colorado, and as low as 11,000 feet
there's still snow to be found... and with all that melting snow and all
this heat, the waterfalls were very refreshing... So that's what weekends
are for !

rob