Mailing List Archive

Re: Apache 0.6.4: BindAddress changed?
c.i.www.servers.unix

Re: Apache 0.6.4: BindAddress changed? [ In reply to ]
I will look into this this evening and figure out what broke.

Cliff

On May 17, 2:40pm, Rob Hartill wrote:
} Subject: Re: Apache 0.6.4: BindAddress changed?
} c.i.www.servers.unix
}
} Paul Hansen <phansen@together.net> wrote:
}
} >It appears that having multiple BindAddress-type servers is not possible
} >under Apache v0.6.4. Is only "VirtualHost" now supported?
} >
[...]
} >---
} >Paul Hansen T G F T e c h n o l o g i e s
} >webmaster@together.net 130 S. Willard St./802.862.2030
} >http://together.net/~phansen/ Burlington, VT 05401 USA
} >
} >
}
}
}-- End of excerpt from Rob Hartill

Re: Apache 0.6.4: BindAddress changed? [ In reply to ]
> This is due to a typo; a patch is enclosed. Can someone else please

> ! #ifdef VIRUAL_HOST

> ! #ifdef VIRTUAL_HOST

Oh dear. I could create a 0.6.4b if anyone was interested.
It might not be worth waiting for enough patches to do a bigger
upgrade on 0.6.4

thoughts ?

> In fact, we've all been pretty stupid. Every one of us could have tested
> the virtual host patches -- I don't know of a UNIX system that doesn't have
> a loop-back interface. (i.e. localhost)

Ooo er.

robh.
Re: Apache 0.6.4: BindAddress changed? [ In reply to ]
This is due to a typo; a patch is enclosed. Can someone else please
upload this to hyperreal and give it a bug id? I don't have X access
here in Baltimore, and lynx is playing up.

In fact, we've all been pretty stupid. Every one of us could have tested
the virtual host patches -- I don't know of a UNIX system that doesn't have
a loop-back interface. (i.e. localhost)

David.

-------------------------- begin file virtual.patch ------------------------
Thu May 18 16:13:25 1995 David Robinson <drtr1@ast.cam.ac.uk>

* httpd.c (standalone_main): Correct typo (VIRUAL_HOST).

*** httpd.c.orig Thu May 18 16:11:27 1995
--- httpd.c Thu May 18 16:11:44 1995
***************
*** 299,305 ****
}
bzero((char *) &sa_server, sizeof(sa_server));
sa_server.sin_family=AF_INET;
! #ifdef VIRUAL_HOST
sa_server.sin_addr=bind_address;
#else /* VIRTUAL_HOST */
sa_server.sin_addr.s_addr=htonl(INADDR_ANY);
--- 299,305 ----
}
-------------------------- end file virtual.patch ------------------------
Re: Apache 0.6.4: BindAddress changed? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 18 May 1995, David Robinson wrote:

> In fact, we've all been pretty stupid. Every one of us could have tested
> the virtual host patches -- I don't know of a UNIX system that doesn't have
> a loop-back interface. (i.e. localhost)

I haven't compiled 0.6.4 and I can't find 0.7.0, but 0.6.2 works
quite well with virtual hosting on my FreeBSD 2.0 machine. I set up
five IP addresses on my Ethernet interface, five different
ServerRoots, TransferLogs and ErrorLogs. Works just as you would
expect. 0.6.4 (and 0.7.0, if I get my hands on it) will be installed
this weekend.
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org