Mailing List Archive

compilation problem

Re: compilation problem [ In reply to ]
Thus spoke Rob Hartill: (at least on Apr 24 at 10:19am)

> chris@Minsk.docs.uu.se (Christian Bartholdsson) wrote:
> >I'm trying to compile Apache for AIX 3.2.5. It crashes on the
> >declaration
> >
> > fd_set readfds
> >
> >in stream.c, with the error message
> >
> >"stream.c", line 231.5: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier fd_set.
> >
> >Could anyone define the type fd_set or give me a hint on how to
> >proceed?

If memory serves, you need to add the line
#include <sys/socket.h> to stream .c

--
Ron Daniel Jr. email: rdaniel@lanl.gov
Advanced Computing Lab voice: (505) 665 0597
Re: compilation problem [ In reply to ]
> >#include <sys/socket.h> to stream .c
>
> Unfortunately not. It's already there.

Whoops. That's what I get for answering this stuff from memory.
Try using sys/select.h.

Re: compilation problem [ In reply to ]
Possibly related issue --- another guy is having compilation problems
on NeXT, again (if I recall right) related to the select() goop.

This came into the apache-bugs mailbox on hyperreal.

rst

(We also have an offer of A/UX support, and someone who noticed that
set_group_privs() can try to write the error_log at a time when it
hasn't been opened yet).
Re: compilation problem [ In reply to ]

> >If memory serves, you need to add the line
> >#include <sys/socket.h> to stream .c
>
> Unfortunately not. It's already there.
>
> - chris@minsk.docs.uu.se

Actually, this should be defined in <sys/types.h> which is also
included in this file. Is it possible that your C preprocessor
is not defining the level of POSIX or ANSI compliance necessary
to get this definition? I have no access to AIX, but know that
this is the case with HPsUX and several others I have encountered.
Re: compilation problem [ In reply to ]
> Possibly related issue --- another guy is having compilation problems
> on NeXT, again (if I recall right) related to the select() goop.
>
> This came into the apache-bugs mailbox on hyperreal.

can you remind me where that is please.
Re: compilation problem [ In reply to ]
/*
* "Re: compilation problem " by Randy Terbush <randy@dsndata.com>
* written Mon, 24 Apr 1995 14:58:32 -0500
*
* Actually, this should be defined in <sys/types.h> which is also
* included in this file. Is it possible that your C preprocessor is
* not defining the level of POSIX or ANSI compliance necessary to get
* this definition? I have no access to AIX, but know that this is
* the case with HPsUX and several others I have encountered.
*
*/

Under AIX fd_set is defined in sys/select.h

--Rob
Re: compilation problem [ In reply to ]
From: Rob Hartill <hartill@ooo.lanl.gov>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 95 14:02:15 MDT

> Possibly related issue --- another guy is having compilation problems
> on NeXT, again (if I recall right) related to the select() goop.
>
> This came into the apache-bugs mailbox on hyperreal.

can you remind me where that is please.

/var/mail/apache-bugs
Re: compilation problem [ In reply to ]

Re: compilation problem [ In reply to ]
The NeXT problems are:
1. Does not have FD_CLOEXEC defined (for httpd.c). Does NeXT not support
close-on-exec at all, or is the #define different or hidden?

2. Does not have mode_t. (third argument to open() in http_log.c)

I checked all machines I have access to, and under
Solaris 2, OSF/1, Linux, BSD/386, open is defined as

int open(const char *path, int flags, mode_t mode)

whereas under SunOS 4, open is defined as

int open(path, flags[ , mode ] )
char *path;
int flags;
int mode;

Does NeXT fall into the second catagory?

[I've uploaded B81-AIX-compile.txt to fix the AIX problem.]

David.