Mailing List Archive

Server Comparison Charts...
Could this be the independant authority we're looking for to do some
benchmarks for Apache?

Re: Server Comparison Charts... [ In reply to ]

> Could this be the independant authority we're looking for to do some
> benchmarks for Apache?

yes, I talked to someone there a few days ago. When we have a beta,
he'd be interested, but it looks like *we* have to supply the
facts and figures - so much for unbiased comparissons.
Re: Server Comparison Charts... [ In reply to ]
/*
* "Re: Server Comparison Charts..." by Rob Hartill <hartill@ooo.lanl.gov>
* written Mon, 10 Apr 95 8:38:25 MDT
*
** Could this be the independant authority we're looking for to do
** some benchmarks for Apache?
*
* yes, I talked to someone there a few days ago. When we have a beta,
* he'd be interested, but it looks like *we* have to supply the facts
* and figures - so much for unbiased comparissons.
*/

You could get a copy of SGI's WebSTONE benchmark and attempt to run
it. Or, send mail to et@engr.sgi.com (Gene Trent) and ask him about
it. He's run some comparisons using his WebSTONE benchmark that are
documented somewhere in SGI's WebForce pages.

--Rob