Mailing List Archive

analog-help: corrupt
Hello to list and thanks for your help in advance!

I'm getting this error message every time I run analyze

Analog output error message

Processing...
analog: Warning C: Ignoring corrupt format line in logfile
(For help on all errors and warnings, see docs/errors.html)
analog: Warning C: (reason: one item occurs twice in format)
analog: Warning L: Large number of corrupt lines in logfile
Boss1:WebSTAR:WebSTAR2.log: try different LOGFORMAT
Current logfile format:
!!LOG_FORMAT<WebSTAR format string>\n
!!%j\n
Complete!

The first two lines of my log file are:

!!WebSTAR STARTUP 10/06/98:06:56
!!LOG_FORMAT HOSTNAME DATE URL CS-URI BYTES_SENT BYTES TIME RESULT AGENT
CS-STATUS REFERER

Anyone see the problem?

Thanks again

Ron Astridge

City Honors School Home
186 East North Street 293 Washington Hwy
Buffalo, NY 14204 Amherst, NY 14226

716 888 7141 x322 716 838 1796

analog-help: corrupt [ In reply to ]
On 12/2/98 1:47 PM Ron Astridge (klibrary@buffnet.net) wrote:

>I'm getting this error message every time I run analyze.
>Analog output error message:
>
>Processing...
>analog: Warning C: Ignoring corrupt format line in logfile
> (For help on all errors and warnings, see docs/errors.html)
>analog: Warning C: (reason: one item occurs twice in format)
>analog: Warning L: Large number of corrupt lines in logfile
> Boss1:WebSTAR:WebSTAR2.log: try different LOGFORMAT
>The first two lines of my log file are:
>
>!!WebSTAR STARTUP 10/06/98:06:56
>!!LOG_FORMAT HOSTNAME DATE URL CS-URI BYTES_SENT BYTES TIME RESULT AGENT
>CS-STATUS REFERER
>
>Anyone see the problem?

Analog 3.x requires that there not be duplicate fields in the log file.
You are logging several duplicate fields. BYTES and BYTES_SENT contain
exactly the same values. URL and CS-URI are essentialy identical. RESULT
and CS-STATUS contain the same information, though in very different
formats. SC-STATUS is preffered over RESULT or CS-STATUS. These
duplicates increase the size of your log file for no reason and confuse
Analog. Analog 2.x would just pick one of the duplicates at random, but
Analog 3.x is picky, and insists that you resolve the problem.

I suggest you reconfigure WebSTAR to log the following tokens:
DATE TIME URL HOSTNAME BYTES SC-STATUS REFERER AGENT CS(HOST) USER
SEARCH_ARGS TRANSFER_TIME

Starting with REFERER, the fields are optional. The more you include, the
more information you will be able to get reports on. I have tried to
order them by importance, the earlier fields are more important.

Good Luck
Jason

Jason@Summary.Net