Hi all.

I have a large logfile (around 50 megs) which I have compressed with
DNSLookup to a .gz file (to make it manageable).

I am getting the analog error "many corrupt lines" or something close to
that when I try to analyse this log. I was going to go in and edit by hand
this logfile, but I cant get BBEdit (or much else) to open the file.

Any suggestions?

CLomas

analog-help: very large logfile [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Cyp Lomas wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I have a large logfile (around 50 megs) which I have compressed with
> DNSLookup to a .gz file (to make it manageable).
>
> I am getting the analog error "many corrupt lines" or something close to
> that when I try to analyse this log. I was going to go in and edit by hand
> this logfile, but I cant get BBEdit (or much else) to open the file.

Hi Cyp. One thing you can do is to get analog to report which lines are
corrupt, by turning debugging on. Maybe you will then be able to see
what's wrong with them, and define your LOGFORMAT to be able to parse
them.

--
Stephen Turner sret1@cam.ac.uk http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/
Normally: Statistical Laboratory, 16 Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1SB, England