Mailing List Archive

Need help excluding certain file type from reports
Hi,

This is my first post. I have been using Analog for reports for a year
and everything has been working great. I run analog 6.0 for close to 300
domains using rsync to retreive logs from multiple servers. I have had 1
client request that we exclude all .swf files on their reports. I only
want to do this for this one site but do not want to use multiple
configs. I know that I would have to use the fileexclude argument, but
do not want to exclude this from all the other sites. What would be the
easiest way to go about doing this? Any suggestions? I have tried this
using a .htaccess file on the apache web server but would like to be
able to do this from within analog. I have pasted my config below.
Thanks in advance for any help.

OUTPUT COMPUTER

MONTHLY OFF # one line for each month
WEEKLY OFF # one line for each week
FULLDAILY ON # one line for each day
DAILY ON # one line for each day of the week
HOURLY ON # one line for each hour of the day
GENERAL ON # the General Summary at the top
REQUEST ON # which files were requested
FAILURE ON # which files were not found
DIRECTORY ON # Directory Report
HOST ON # which computers requested files
ORGANISATION ON # which organisations they were from
DOMAIN ON # which countries they were in
REFERRER ON # where people followed links from
FAILREF ON # where people followed broken links from
SEARCHQUERY ON # the phrases and words they used...
SEARCHWORD ON # ...to find you from search engines
BROWSER ON # which browsers people were using
OSREP ON # and which operating systems
FILETYPE ON # types of file requested
SIZE ON # sizes of files requested
STATUS ON # number of each type of success and failure
PROCTIME OFF # Processing Time Report
REDIR ON # Redirection report.
REFSITE ON # Referring Site Report

GENSUMLINES ALL

USER ON
FAILUSER ON
LASTSEVEN ON
HOSTSORTBY REQUESTS

PAGEINCLUDE */,*.html,*.htm,*.asp,*.php,*.php3,*.txt

DOMFLOOR -30r
ORGFLOOR -30r
HOSTFLOOR -30r
REQFLOOR -60r
DIRFLOOR -30r
TYPEFLOOR -30r
REDIRFLOOR -30r
FAILFLOOR -30r
REFFLOOR -50r
REFSITEFLOOR -30r
SEARCHQUERYFLOOR -20r
SEARCHWORDFLOOR -20r
REDIRREFFLOOR -20r
FAILREFFLOOR -20r
FULLBROWFLOOR -30r
BROWFLOOR -30r
OSFLOOR -20r
USERFLOOR -20r
FAILUSERFLOOR -20r
STATUSFLOOR -20r
DIRSUFFIX index.php
ARGSINCLUDE /*
REQINCLUDE pages
LINKINCLUDE pages
REFLINKINCLUDE *
UNCOMPRESS *.gz,*.Z "gzip -cd"
BROWOUTPUTALIAS Mozilla Netscape
BROWOUTPUTALIAS "Mozilla (compatible)" "Netscape (compatible)"
BROWOUTPUTALIAS IWENG AOL
SEARCHENGINE http://*altavista.*/* q
SEARCHENGINE http://*yahoo.*/* p
SEARCHENGINE http://*google.*/* q
SEARCHENGINE http://*lycos.*/* query
SEARCHENGINE http://*aol.*/* query
SEARCHENGINE http://*excite.*/* search
SEARCHENGINE http://*go2net.*/* general
SEARCHENGINE http://*metacrawler.*/* general
SEARCHENGINE http://*msn.*/* MT
SEARCHENGINE http://*hotbot.com/* MT
SEARCHENGINE http://*netscape.*/* search
SEARCHENGINE http://*looksmart.*/* key
SEARCHENGINE http://*infoseek.*/* qt
SEARCHENGINE http://*webcrawler.*/* search,searchText
SEARCHENGINE http://*goto.*/* Keywords
SEARCHENGINE http://*snap.*/* keyword
SEARCHENGINE http://*dogpile.*/* q
SEARCHENGINE http://*askjeeves.*/* ask
SEARCHENGINE http://*ask.*/* ask
SEARCHENGINE http://*aj.*/* ask
SEARCHENGINE http://*directhit.*/* qry
SEARCHENGINE http://*alltheweb.*/* query
SEARCHENGINE http://*northernlight.*/* qr
SEARCHENGINE http://*nlsearch.*/* qr
SEARCHENGINE http://*dmoz.*/* search
SEARCHENGINE http://*newhoo.*/* search
SEARCHENGINE http://*netfind.*/* query,search,s
SEARCHENGINE http://*/netfind* query
SEARCHENGINE http://*/pursuit query
SUBTYPE *.gz,*.Z
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .html ".html [Hypertext Markup Language]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .htm ".htm [Hypertext Markup Language]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .ps ".ps [PostScript]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .gz ".gz [Gzip compressed files]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .tar.gz ".tar.gz [Compressed archives]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .jpg ".jpg [JPEG graphics]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .jpeg ".jpeg [JPEG graphics]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .gif ".gif [GIF graphics]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .png ".png [PNG graphics]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .txt ".txt [Plain text]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .cgi ".cgi [CGI scripts]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .pl ".pl [Perl scripts]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .css ".css [Cascading Style Sheets]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .class ".class [Java class files]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .pdf ".pdf [Adobe Portable Document Format]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .zip ".zip [Zip archives]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .hqx ".hqx [Macintosh archives]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .exe ".exe [Executables]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .wav ".wav [WAV sound files]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .avi ".avi [AVI movies]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .arc ".arc [Compressed archives]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .mid ".mid [MIDI sound files]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .mp3 ".mp3 [MP3 sound files]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .doc ".doc [Microsoft Word document]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .rtf ".rtf [Rich Text Format]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .mov ".mov [Quick Time movie]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .mpg ".mpg [MPEG movie]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .mpeg ".mpeg [MPEG movie]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .asp ".asp [Active Server Pages]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .js ".js [JavaScript code]"
--

JOHN BRANNEN
IP Engineer

T: +44 (0)28 9042 4190
F: +44 (0)28 9042 4709
E: jbrannen@tibus.com
W: www.tibus.com

Tibus is a trading name of The Internet Business Ltd, a company limited
by share capital and registered in Northern Ireland, NI31235. Registered
Office at Holywood House, 1 Innis Court, Holywood, County Down,BT18 9HF.
Re: Need help excluding certain file type from reports [ In reply to ]
John Brannen <jbrannen@tibus.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is my first post. I have been using Analog for reports for a year
> and everything has been working great. I run analog 6.0 for close to
> 300 domains using rsync to retreive logs from multiple servers. I
> have had 1 client request that we exclude all .swf files on their
> reports. I only want to do this for this one site but do not want to
> use multiple configs. I know that I would have to use the fileexclude
> argument, but do not want to exclude this from all the other sites.
> What would be the easiest way to go about doing this?

How do you customize the reports that you're generating now? Are you using the HOSTNAME and HOSTurl commands, for example, to change the "Web Server Statistics for ..." message at the top of each report, and the BASEURL command to make the links in the Request Report clickable?

You can add a fileexclude command to the Command line by adding

+C"FILEEXCLUDE *.swf"

to the Analog command line (arguments are case sensitive - the +C needs to be uppercase). But how you get that argument to only be used for that client, and not for everyone else, depends on how your script is currently configured. If you are just looping through a list of directories, then then the simplest solution might be to include an addition config file on the command line (+g/%dir/custom.cfg) and only create the custom.cfg file in the subdirectory of the customer that needs it. You'll get a warning that Ananlog couldn't find the custom.cfg file for the other customers, but Analog will still create the reports.

Aengus

Re: Need help excluding certain file type from reports [ In reply to ]
Thanks for your help and quick reply. I am using the HOSTNAME and
HOSTURL commands in my script. I have created the separate config file
as you have suggested and looks like that is the way forward. I did
receive a couple of errors but looks like the problem now is within my
script.

Thanks again.