Mailing List Archive

Re: Need an example how to display only Top 20 in variousreports
Leung, Michael <Michael.Leung@networksolutions.com> wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> It is basically what my subject said. I am trying to limit the
> Request Report, Referrer Report and the others to show only the top
> 20 entries.
>
> How do I accomplish this? Do we use a combination of Floor and Row
> commands?
>
> I go through the documentations on the websites, and there seems to be
> several keywords/commands that could be related for this purpose, but
> I couldn't find an example about this.

Reports have "Floors". To specify the top 20, you use a Floor of -20. But you also have to specify which top 20 you want - top 20 by requests, by page views, by bandwidth, requests in the last 7 days, etc.

To see the top 20 requests, by bytes transferred, you'd use

REQFLOOR -20b

To see the top 20 requests, by page views, over the last 7 days, you'd use

REQFLOOR -20q

http://analog.cx/docs/othreps.html#FLOOR

Aengus

RE: Need an example how to display only Top 20 in reports [ In reply to ]
Aengus

When I use the REQFLOOR -20r, I got the following:

Request Report
--------------
This report lists the files on the site.

Listing the top 20 files by the number of requests, sorted by the number
of
requests.

reqs: %bytes: last time: file
------: ------: ---------------: ----
517915: 0.16%: 3/Dec/08 00:01: /layoutid.jsp
55: : 2/Dec/08 23:37:
/layoutid.jsp?s=292&page=whi&layoutIdIndex=0&oriRef=
53: : 2/Dec/08 23:05:
/layoutid.jsp?s=55&page=whi&layoutIdIndex=0&oriRef=

549319: 41.49%: 3/Dec/08 00:01: [not listed: 1,441 files]

The file is a little smaller than before, but it still looks like it is
listing every request in the log files. Is it not? I thought I am only
getting the top 20.

Thanks

Michael