Mailing List Archive

reqinclude
Hi...
I'm using the form and trying to do pared down Request report, mostly
so that I can publish little links for directory/site/app owners to
get their own indivual statistics whenever they want. no matter what I
try-- DIRINCLUDE, FILEINCLUDE, REQINCLUDE, I keep getting the complete
Request report, not just their information that I want.
so I put settings on, and I see the following asterisk. I think this
is throwing me off-- am I right? Where is this getting set?

Request Report [ON]
Columns: number #requests last-time
Sorting by number of requests
Floor is: 1 request
Sorting sub-items by number of requests
Floor for sub-items is: 5 requests
No pie chart
Including (+) and excluding (-) the following in the report:
All excluded, then
+ *
+ asdb
Aliasing in the report as follows:
*/asdb/* -> /asdb/
*/cosmosd/* -> /cosmos/

My analog.cfg:
analog.cfg:REQUEST On
analog.cfg:REQARGSFLOOR 5r
analog.cfg:REQCOLS NRD
analog.cfg:REQSORTBY REQUESTS
analog.cfg:REQALIAS */asdb/* /asdb/
analog.cfg:REQALIAS */cosmosd/* /cosmos/
<and many more REQALIASes>

TIA

--
-Kevin
Admit your errors before someone else exaggerates them. - Andrew V. Mason
RE: reqinclude [ In reply to ]
You must have a FILEINCLUDE * or REQINCLUDE * somewhere in your analog.cfg or in your mandatory configuration file (if you built with that).

Note that DIRINCLUDE only applies to the Directory Report. Similarly REQINCLLUDE only applies to the Request Report. FILEINCLUDE applies to all reports (which is probably what you want).

--

Jeremy Wadsack
Seven Simple Machines

Re: reqinclude [ In reply to ]
kevin creason <ckevinj@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi...
> I'm using the form and trying to do pared down Request report, mostly
> so that I can publish little links for directory/site/app owners to
> get their own indivual statistics whenever they want. no matter what I
> try-- DIRINCLUDE, FILEINCLUDE, REQINCLUDE, I keep getting the complete
> Request report, not just their information that I want.
> so I put settings on, and I see the following asterisk. I think this
> is throwing me off-- am I right? Where is this getting set?
>

> Request Report [ON]
> Columns: number #requests last-time
> Sorting by number of requests
> Floor is: 1 request
> Sorting sub-items by number of requests
> Floor for sub-items is: 5 requests
> No pie chart
> Including (+) and excluding (-) the following in the report:
> All excluded, then
> + *
> + asdb
> Aliasing in the report as follows:
> */asdb/* -> /asdb/
> */cosmosd/* -> /cosmos/
>

> My analog.cfg:
> analog.cfg:REQUEST On
> analog.cfg:REQARGSFLOOR 5r
> analog.cfg:REQCOLS NRD
> analog.cfg:REQSORTBY REQUESTS
> analog.cfg:REQALIAS */asdb/* /asdb/
> analog.cfg:REQALIAS */cosmosd/* /cosmos/
> <and many more REQALIASes>

The * is the problem. If you have a look at the source of anlgform.html, and it includes this section:
<h3>Request Report options</h3>
<select name="REQINCLUDE" size=1>
<option value="*" selected>all files
<option value="pages">pages only
</select>

So that's where the * comes from - the form is set up to either show all requests, or only pages.

If you use FILEINCLUDE instead (or enter */asdb/* in the "Analysing only part of the logfile" section, then you should get the report you expect, because the excluded stuff is never even analyzed in the first place, so it's not available to include in the Request Report.

Aengus