Mailing List Archive

parsedXML in ZClass loses permission mapping on restart
Can anyone answer this?

I'm using ParsedXML (last release on Zope site) in Zope 2.3.3

I have a ParsedXML instance in the methods list of a ZClass.

under define permissions for this object, I have

"access contents information = access contents information"

However when the server is restarted, this mapping is lost every time.

Then, when a PythonScript (not in the zclass) references the ParsedXML object in an
instance of the ZClass it gets a Unauth error (even if I'm Manager), so I have to go back
and manually set this permission mapping every time.

Is this a bug in ParsedXML (forgetting it's permission mapping), or a ZClass problem?

(btw, the PythonScript is not in the zclass because I want it's output to be cached by the
RAM cache manager, seems I can't do that with zclass instance methods)

Brad Clements, bkc@murkworks.com (315)268-1000
http://www.murkworks.com (315)268-9812 Fax
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com AOL-IM: BKClements